Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnnet View Post
Still far too early to tell....... that MOS sensor is still very much an unknown entity for still photography.
I would suggest that one waits for actual users to report back and confirm how it performs!!
I've volunteered to be the one of the actual users that reports back. With luck, I'll have mine before I leave for Yellowstone Park on September 7th. The camera will get quite a work out. If I don't have it, I'll manage just fine with my trusty FZ35.

My gut tells me that Panasonic went to school on the efforts of Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Casio's efforts with the CMOS sensor.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
I've volunteered to be the one of the actual users that reports back.
Setter Dog, I eagerly await your feedback. I have long learnt to rather hear
what REAL users have to say, rather than the "media" or the so called
"experts"!
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:16 PM   #23

Pocket-lint has a brief pre-review of the FZ100. Very high level but worth a look.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/48...100-first-look

I too am very interested to hear how well the MOS sensor performs. Bring on the full blown reviews!
JoeTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:43 PM   #24

I downloaded two FZ100 pictures from a website, one a 600mm zoom (24X) and the other "intelligent zoom" (32X). Both looked very good to me. When I checked the properties on each, they were both approximately 14megapixels. I had just assumed that after 24X the megapixels would be reduced somewhat, sort of like they are in EZ zoom.

I don't get it,......but I like the idea of full resolution 32X pictures, if that's what this means. Seems like a very nice feature.

Jack
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
I've volunteered to be the one of the actual users that reports back. With luck, I'll have mine before I leave for Yellowstone Park on September 7th. The camera will get quite a work out. If I don't have it, I'll manage just fine with my trusty FZ35.

My gut tells me that Panasonic went to school on the efforts of Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Casio's efforts with the CMOS sensor.

Jack

Where can I "sign up" to be a volunteer?

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:19 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Where can I "sign up" to be a volunteer?
Clint, Amazon has a very simple method to sign up volunteers, you just click a button and give them a plastic card.

It would be a pleasure to serve with you in this volunteer Panasonic militia!

Jack
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:28 AM   #27

Then I have already "volunteered"!!!

I volunteered when I saw it on Amazon - I'm eagerly awaiting my issue of "supplies".

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:52 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Then I have already "volunteered"!!!

I volunteered when I saw it on Amazon - I'm eagerly awaiting my issue of "supplies".
Clint,....my unit is shipping out to Yellowstone Park on Sept 7th. Hopefully, we well have our new FZ100s but we may have to go into the fight with our unit's FZ35s. Still, I do not think we will be outgunned.

Jack
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:04 PM   #29

Just remember that you have to have a different adapter for the FZ45 and FZ100 to mount the LT-55 and LC-55...the Panasonic DMW-LA5 Adapter

I don't think the IQ is that great on the FZ100 either especially at higher iso's from the samples...but I think part of it is slower shutter speed and they were hand holding the FZ100...the lower iso's and faster shutter speed shots seem OK....I have signed up for the volunteer FZ100 unit also along with Clint and Jack...we can always return them and use the FZ45's we have ordered also...can't wait to get the Nikon TC-E17ED on the FZ45 for 1020mm Super Zoom at full res...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote