Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:50 AM   #21

Guys currently i am enhancing my histogram knowledge, according to the first image, it looks like a little bit underexposure am i right?
imut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:35 AM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imut View Post
Guys currently i am enhancing my histogram knowledge, according to the first image, it looks like a little bit underexposure am i right?
Nope, as the histogram only plays a part but the photographers eyes play a bigger part, this is why robots don't take photos

The photo is comprised of a very large dark area, this is skewing the photos histogram to the left, but the subject is actually well exposed, possibly slightly over, but we don't know how he/she actually looks.

Take this photo (not wishing to steal a thread but it will help with people using histograms to see that they only tell a very small portion) that I took last night on a pre wedding shoot. I only lit the face rather than the whole body, looking at the histogram it is a few stops under exposed, however if you look at the face it is properly exposed with the peak of the red channel hitting 240.
Attached Images

Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:51 AM   #23

Thanks everybody...Im learning things bit by bit now
chirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:46 AM   #24

Hello, I just got the FZ-35 recently after a long debating of the G11 a 2nd hand G10, an S90 and the TZ-10. I figured I might be gambling my money on a newer camera and may not be happy so I went with the proven FZ-35 instead and after have been playing around with it for a few days, I'm loving it but I have a long way to go before I can take snaps like you all.

My main problem is I have shaky hands and the auto setting is a lifesaver most of the time, but on long zoom it makes a big blur of images. Have you faired any better with Mode 1 or Mode 2 vs Auto in Image Stabilization?

And mtclimber thank you so much for posting your guide. It has been a huge help. Do you usually use the P mode or you go full manual?

Last edited by Jyaku; Sep 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Jyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:18 AM   #25

Awesome Shots OS.
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:11 AM   #26

I'm an FZ35 owner who joined the forum to thank Sarah for posting her guide and tell chirantha how stunning her shots are.

I thought the reflections in the night shot and the bokeh in the botanicals particularly gorgeous.

I'd love to know what the EXIF data on those photos was.
Roooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:40 AM   #27

Default Am i doing ok???

Hay...

Had a chance to visit werribee zoo and mansion last week...
what u guys think of these pix? i just adjust the light, highlights and shadows using picasa.what else i can use to edit this this photos...

Thanks,
Chirantha
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:46 AM   #28

Default .

Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:40 AM   #29

Some nice shots chirantha, looked like a good day out, the sparrow shot is well timed.

Last edited by joe30; Oct 14, 2010 at 5:42 AM.
joe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:23 AM   #30

These are gorgeous shots! The one with the hippos made me smile. Can you tell me you camera settings for the indoor (billiard table) shots?
saly is offline   Reply With Quote