Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:47 PM   #1

Default My new FZ35 - Questions

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site along with photography.

I purchased a FZ35 and would love some help. I travel a lot and i think it's about time i venture into photography. I run Salt water reef tanks and understand it takes a lot of patience! and research to have a successful enjoyable hobby. I went with the fz35 after reading reviews. I purchased it second hand from B&H in Manhattan rated a 9/10 for 200 dollars. I figured i would see if this is a hobby i really want to get involved in before spending the money and buying a slr. Ive seen some of the shots this camera has taken and i am extremely impressed and think this will be perfect for me and my goals.

So far i have just been taking a lot of pictures with the IA mode and want too try some new settings. Ive got some really nice shots so far with it and cant wait to try more.

I have searched around a few threads and have realized that "P" setting is what i should start using. I started out by resetting the camera to original settings and started reading some posts.

I went through the Sara Joyce quick start up guide and i quickly became lost on #4. how do i set the focus point to center point focus?

is that the

metering mode? [{ . }]
[{ }]
[ . ]

Here are my settings right now as we speak. i edited some of them from some of the posts i read. is this a good start? or should i change some stuff. most of my photos are going to be of people and im really looking for sharp images.

Picture size 12m
quality - the 6 bricks with a arrow pointing down which is the original settings.
aspect ratio 4:3
ISO intellegent ISO on
Sensitivity [ UNEDITABLE IN GREY]
ISO limit set [i read to use 400 for outside] [ and 800 when inside]
White balance AWB [which i can edit in different eviroments with the menu]
FACE RECOG on right now but is it needed?
AF mode - [ UNEDITABLE IN GREY]
PRE AF - Q-AF
AF/AE Lock AF/AE
Metering mode [{.}] is this focus point?
I EXPOSURE off
MIN SHUTTER SPEED [ UNEDITABLE IN GREY]
Digital Zoom [off] [ UNEDITABLE IN GREY]
Color effect [off]
Picture ADJ
Contrast +1
Sharpness +1
Saturation +1
Noise Reduction -1
[Read these setting on a different post]
Stabilizer MODE1
AF ASSIST LAMP on
FLASH SYNCRO 2nd
RED EYE REMOVAL off
CONVERSION off
CLOCK

thanks for any help and advise.
JonnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:09 PM   #2

Turn the face recognition off. It forces the af mode to be set to face and you want to set i to point. AF (auto focus) mode sets how the camera tries to determine the right focus. Metering sets how the camera tries to determine the right exposure.

Last edited by MartinSykes; Jul 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote