Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 14, 2003, 10:30 AM   #1

Default "Undoing" the Picture Count Reset

Anyone know how to trick the FZ1 to go back to a specific picture number when recording pictures? I was in the 8,000 figure for pictures, and that will cause a lot of duplicate numbers if I have to start over at 0.

I've tried various ways using folder structure on the card, but the figure seems to be set in the camera itself, and if it has to do with folder structure on the card, I must be missing something. I've taken a picture with my FZ1, connected it to my computer, renamed the folder structure to begin with 108 (for 8,000), changed the picture number to be something like 1080190.jpg (which would be the correct naming convention), but then when I disconnect and restart the camera, it just recreates the 100 folder structure and continues numbering the pictures in the new increment.

I'd appreciate any help, suggestions, tricks, etc.

Thanks!
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2003, 8:14 PM   #2

Hi Chris:

I strongly suspect that what you wish is not achievable by the end user, as the numbering is internally controlled by the camera. Sorry, hope I am incorrect in this.

Jack Winberg

Anyone know how to trick the FZ1 to go back to a specific picture number when recording pictures? I was in the 8,000 figure for pictures, and that will cause a lot of duplicate numbers if I have to start over at 0.

I've tried various ways using folder structure on the card, but the figure seems to be set in the camera itself, and if it has to do with folder structure on the card, I must be missing something. I've taken a picture with my FZ1, connected it to my computer, renamed the folder structure to begin with 108 (for 8,000), changed the picture number to be something like 1080190.jpg (which would be the correct naming convention), but then when I disconnect and restart the camera, it just recreates the 100 folder structure and continues numbering the pictures in the new increment.

I'd appreciate any help, suggestions, tricks, etc.

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2003, 9:30 PM   #3

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I was thinking it might be controlled via folders or a hidden file or something on the SD card, mainly because I've been told by a few other upgraders that there numbering system remained intact when mine didn't, but after really thinking about it, if it had anything to do with the SD card, then your numbering would get screwed up every time you changed SD cards or reformatted one.

Oh, well. Time to use the PSP8 batch rename function.

Anyone know at what number the FZ1 numbering system rolls over? Is it 1,000...10,000?
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote