Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifenlive View Post
oh wait.
where can i get 'the advanced manual'?
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER...MCFZ35-ADV.PDF
Cherokee Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
Like Cherokee Outlaw, I use EZ zoom often and find the quality to be fine. Hey, 3mp is not that shabby,.....I have found it especially useful in Yellowstone Park when photographing those great animals at long range. I just keep my C1 setting on 3mp and it's easy and quick to change over.

Jack
Could you post an example of an EZ zoom 3mp pic. Thx.
JoeTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:23 PM   #13

Here are two I found real quick, both taken at full EZ zoom (around 35x). I have more if you want...
Attached Images

Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:36 AM   #14

Default c 1 setting

Thats what I want to do. How do you set up that customized setting. I read the manual and it is not clear, to me at least. I want to set the pixels to 3m so that I can use the ez setting fast. I too am going to yellowstone in three weeks.

Richie
richie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:34 AM   #15

Richie, it's so super-easy I didn't see the need to set up a customized setting but I guess it's d0-able.

To activate EZ zoom:

Click your joystick, scroll over to picture size, select 3m and click again to save. This will automatically activate EZ zoom. Just don't forget to switch back to 12m if you don't need the extended zoom.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:47 AM   #16

Cherokee Outlaw makes the best case for setting up your EZ zoom on a C setting, if you don't you may forget to change back to your P mode or whatever you are using.

There are several ways to set a C mode for EZ zoom. One way is to set P mode exactly the way you want C setting to be. For example, I have my C1 set for EZ zoom and spot focus, specifically for long range shooting in Yellowstone. While still in record mode and P (for example) select the little wrench thing on the menu. On page 2 of the wrench menu it says CUSTOM SET MEM, select that and right click. You will then be given the choice of setting C1 C2, or C3 with your present setting.

It's much easier once you've done it a few times. There are other ways to do the above but this may be the easiest.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:55 PM   #17

Thanks, Jack. I will try that tonight.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:38 PM   #18

Also note that EZ-Zoom works at 8Mp-5Mp-3Mp getting longer each step down in Mp...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Outlaw View Post
Here are two I found real quick, both taken at full EZ zoom (around 35x). I have more if you want...
35x. Wow! Nothing to write home about but 3mp ain't that bad. It's so nice to have these super-zoom cameras and not have to change lenses. Cool. I'm sold. I'll probably wait for the FZ100 reviews to come in but assumng Panny's track record it's probably the camera for me.
JoeTX is offline   Reply With Quote