Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:19 AM   #11

This doesn't look very good for the FZ100.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/panasonicdmcfz100/

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
This doesn't look very good for the FZ100.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/panasonicdmcfz100/
I was getting pretty enthused after reading some DP review user reports on the FZ100. This new comparison tool doesn't show very good results does it? Still,.....It's hard for me to believe that Panasonic would release a camera that obviously can't produce.

I'll be curious to see what comes next about the results from this camera.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:10 AM   #13

Roller coaster ride - I was hoping the FZ100 would have better IQ or at least the same as the FZ35. I guess we'll see more about it.

Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:13 AM   #14

When looking at the link Clint gave, I have such a feeling that the FZ35 seems to give better results at that distance, or is are my eyes betraying me?
Honnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:20 AM   #15

When I downloaded the FZ100 and FZ35 sample shot and compared them I saw quite a bit of difference. The FZ35 seems sharper, clearer, better color. The FZ100 looked softer, not as sharp and the white balance was a it "colder" looking.

Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:00 AM   #16

Wow,....mark me down in the very disappointed column. The FZ100 has the features I really want, burst especially.

I usually am a deliberate and thoughtful buyer of new cameras and happily keep what I buy. This is the first time I've ordered a camera before reading several a couple of professional reports and many user reports. I based my early order on total satisfaction with the Panasonic FZ35.I'm willing to give up something to get the features of the FZ100 but it looks like I may be giving up too much.

Fortunately, I can easily cancel my order. If I don't get better vibes in the next few days, that's what I'll do. I suspect many early buyers will be hitting the Amazon cancel button today after seeing the DP review reports.

Back to the drawing board,........though the FZ35 is a pretty good fall back position for me.

Jack
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:30 AM   #17

Jack/Clint...

It was the same with the ZS7...everyone had done junked it and kicked it out the door as a NR smearer and no IQ....I think we have proved everyone wrong. Here at Steve's the ZS7 is as good of performer as the ZS3 and better in a lot of ways as it is covered in manual settings...

Like stated before I am not going to set the bar too high, but I'll keep the jury out until I can get one in my hands......a lot of people have said the same about the HS10 too...it turned out to be a very decent performer...

Last edited by LTZ470; Aug 6, 2010 at 12:46 PM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:06 PM   #18

I think that LTZ raises a very valid point-

It is best to see how the professional reviews go down. Even when the FZ-35/38 was introduced last year, it got off to a slow beginning as folks finally learned how to really get the most from the camera, then it was smooth sailing.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:07 PM   #19

My excitement level has come down a bit. I looked at the cancel button also but I think I'll try it out before I come to any conclusions. I would hope the FZ100 would be a good as the FZ35. I'll stay the course for now and keep the pre-order.

Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
My excitement level has come down a bit. I looked at the cancel button also but I think I'll try it out before I come to any conclusions. I would hope the FZ100 would be a good as the FZ35. I'll stay it the course for now and keep the pre-order.
Those studio comparisons hit me right between the eyes but on reflection, I'm giving them less significance. I'm not sure of the technical terms but they seem to be huge enlargements of tiny parts of a scene. The sample photos seemed okay, even though I was looking harder than usual for a problem.

One forum member over at DP printed up a few of the samples at 4x6 and said they looked great.

I have not hit the cancel button and won't for awhile. This will eventually sort itself out enough for me to make a logical decision.

Jack