Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:10 PM   #21

Are we pixel pickin'????

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Are we pixel pickin'????
I think we ARE pixel peepers, guilty by association at least!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:21 PM   #23

Maybe we should go back to nits. Then LT can get a macro shot.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:39 PM   #24

Don't mind the pickin' as long as we're grinnin'!

The Sunflowers look awesome in the samples and the Tomatoes...the Chair was good for ISO400...it seems very close to the HS10 as the MOS Sensor is a strange bird indeed...I'll bet it will give us some great macros and the fast fps will gather some great action shots also and should help with "our" marginal bird on the wing skills...

Looking forward to the challenge sir!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:44 PM   #25

www.dpreview just posted images from the FZ-100:06 Aug 2010 1344

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:48 PM   #26

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=35975142

A German photographer has posted a lot of FZ100 pictures and even compared them to other cameras. I'm not so interested in the comparisons but I thought the pictures were good, better than I expected from the DP review comparison page.

I'm still "In" for the FZ100. I think it will be a good camera for my purposes.
If I go to work for National Geographic, I may have to get myself a DSLR with a bag full of lenses.

Jack
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:48 PM   #27

Jack-

Wouldn't that be a sweet job, working for National Geographic!

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:00 AM   #28

After looking at all the tests and comparisons, I'm getting a bit concerned. I've considered the F100 as a travel camera but with the questionable image quality, I'm beginning to wonder if it is really worth $200 more than the FZ35. Any words of wisdom from the Pros and senior members out there?? My first test for the FZ100 was to be a trip to Alaska in September and I'm wondering if I should go with a known quantity (or quality in this case).
jmr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr1 View Post
After looking at all the tests and comparisons, I'm getting a bit concerned. I've considered the F100 as a travel camera but with the questionable image quality, I'm beginning to wonder if it is really worth $200 more than the FZ35. Any words of wisdom from the Pros and senior members out there?? My first test for the FZ100 was to be a trip to Alaska in September and I'm wondering if I should go with a known quantity (or quality in this case).
I have the FZ100 on order and own the FZ35. I'd say if burst shooting is not important and you are a little rattled by the early comments on DP review, you cannot go wrong with the FZ35. Remember that you have EZ zoom to get yourself out to about 32X. The results are quite good.

You will find that if you choose the FZ35 that it will not disappoint you. The images are great, the AVCHD video is amazing. Even the high speed burst, though 3mp, is quite good.

The FZ35 is the lightest and quickest,....and probably the best digital camera out there.

As for the FZ100, I think you would enjoy it if you hadn't read all the technical comparisons over on DP review. I've been taking pictures forever and they spooked me,....Although I have one on order, I may wait to see some user reviews.

Not sure this helps but just let me say that I KNOW you would enjoy the FZ35, and I only THINK you might enjoy the FZ100. Maybe some more FZ35 owners will pitch in with comments.

Jack
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:06 AM   #30

jmr-

Jack has provided you with very good advice. When you have a very important trip, I tend to stay with the tried and the true. My advice would be to take the FZ-35/38 get some great photos and enjoy yourself.

Just like last year at this time, when the FZ-35 was introduced, there was a lot of concern about image quality and the like. It took several month for things to settle down and for folks with the new FZ-35 cameras to become skilled with it quirks and its performance.

Take your FZ 35/38 and enjoy yourself.

Sarah Joyce