Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:58 AM   #31

Jack & Sarah - thanks for the responses. One of my weaknesses has always been bells and whistles, so the FZ100 got my attention. I was looking for a lightweight camera after learning a lesson last year by lugging an old Nikon D70 with a couple of lens around Europe. Sarah - you mentioned quirks and performance. Is the FZ35 a camera that will require me to become skilled with its quirks and performance?? If so I may have waited too long to get it and I may have to break out the back brace and take the Nikon next month.
jmr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr1 View Post
Jack & Sarah - thanks for the responses. One of my weaknesses has always been bells and whistles, so the FZ100 got my attention. I was looking for a lightweight camera after learning a lesson last year by lugging an old Nikon D70 with a couple of lens around Europe. Sarah - you mentioned quirks and performance. Is the FZ35 a camera that will require me to become skilled with its quirks and performance?? If so I may have waited too long to get it and I may have to break out the back brace and take the Nikon next month.
I tested my FZ35 when I first got it and found that the only change I wanted was one bump up for saturation. That's a personal preference and I have since shot several pictures in 1A and found them very satisfactory. When you add saturation, or whatever, it also affects the video modes.

If I were going to Alaska, I think I might pre-set 3mp in C1 so that I had 35X EZ zoom immediately available.

When I photograph animals in Yellowstone, I sometimes use burst mode. Although it's only a bit over 2fps, it can still catch a better attitude if the animal is walking or feeding.

I find the FZ35 to be very straight forward with no quirks that I can think of. I think you would enjoy it on your trip.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote