Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Camera movement - subject movement - slow shutter speeds = blur
Yeah, unfortunately, I have shaky hands for some reason. I have a Kodak Z612 that on "auto" produces EXCELLENT results (flash/indoors). Never had one blurry picture. The thing we hate about the Z612 is night pictures. HORRIBLE, not usable.

We were hoping for similar results on the DMC-FZ35 but, I am not there yet. Me and my wife are "auto" picture takers. We are not going to be changing the settings for each picture taken.

Can we get there?

Frank

Last edited by ftlee; Aug 8, 2010 at 7:08 PM.
ftlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:27 PM   #12

I think you can - the FZ35 can take great pictures. Try the suggestions I mentioned earlier.

You can also click over to the SCN mode - then click over each setting there and pick one that fits your situation but I would try the others fisrt before you get too flustered.

The iA mode does pretty good auto stuff.
Most people I think eventually get over to the P mode because you can tweak more settings.

I like keeping it simple. Just keep taking pictures - post a few and you'll get lots of help here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftlee View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, I have shaky hands for some reason. I have a Kodak Z612 that on "auto" produces EXCELLENT results (flash/indoors). Never had one blurry picture. The thing we hate about the Z612 is night pictures. HORRIBLE, not usable.

We were hoping for similar results on the DMC-FZ35 but, I am not there yet. Me and my wife are "auto" picture takers. We are not going to be changing the settings for each picture taken.

Can we get there?

Frank

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote