Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:06 AM   #1

Default Waiting for FZ100 but looking at the Canon SX20

Like a lot of other people I'm waiting for the FZ100. Pictures I've seen posted look ok to me. So image quality I would be happy with (your mileage may vary).
But
I was at the store the other day and saw the Canon SX20 IS. The zoom is a little less, 20 Vs. 24. Viewing screen a little smaller on the Canon. But other then that they seem pretty much the same except the Canon is cheaper.
I've looked at all the specs side by side and that's pretty much confusing. This sensor and that sensor, light ratios, etc.. etc..

There has to be some other people that looked long and hard at these two cameras... (or maybe It's just me)...What is it to you that that tipped the scale to the FZ100?
ddandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:04 AM   #2

Before I bought my FZ38, I have been looking at the Canon SX20 and FZ35 actually to compare them, and in a lot of tests and end-results when it comes to image quality in specific conditions, it was the FZ35 that was the overall better one. For Zoom, lens size, and the video quality, the SX 20 came out better.

From the reviews, comparisons and such I read, I decided to get the FZ35. Apart from that, the FZ35 was a bit cheaper
Honnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:59 AM   #3

Arrrgh... Just realized I should have posted the in the Which Camera should I buy forum..... or maybe not because it is really the FZ100 I'm interested in.... but then again I am asking a 'Which camera question"
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 6:54 PM   #4

The Canon is a nice camera but, as I recall, is not "Full" HD but rather 720. The big difference is that the FZ100 has a lot of very fast burst modes, 11fps at full resolution etc. Even the FZ35 has better burst choices than Canon. I own the Canon SX10 and it's a very nice camera though quite heavy.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:44 PM   #5

Never mind...
My FZ100 should be in my hands today.
UPS says it's out for delivery.