Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:53 PM   #11

My FZ35 is my third FZ camera, and I have used the viewfinder on all of them It is not as good as the one on a DSLR with the direct view, but is more than good enough. I never use the screen.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:55 PM   #12

Hi Honnes, Hi Steve,
Thank you both for the info and replys.
I'm a stickler for a bargain so will probably spend an age trawling e bay etc, I find that all adds to the excitement.
Thanks Chums.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:51 PM   #13

Interesting thread. On my FZ 18 and now 35 I have used the evf maybe twice?? Screwing up one eye for more than a few seconds is annoying...And yes it is way smaller than the FZ18's...bloody bean counters; the new screen tech on the 35 makes it far better. What about you Jack - evf or lcd at the little league games??

but seeing the results you guys get I might have to try. ...db I am interested, as Panasonic doesn't officially claim any difference in battery life between the 2 screens...is there a tangible difference in your experience?

Thanks
Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:48 AM   #14

Greg, whilst it is difficult to give a scientific analysis of the battery life, ... its when I am away travelling, that I'm aware the EVF really does enhance the battery capacity. Technically I think the LCD probably chews about twice as much battery as the EFV. But practically, on a 3 day shoot using the EVF, using LCD brings that down to 2 days...so would provide an additional third of the charge which is quite a chunk! But it is also going to depend on how one uses the LCD too.

Although not much has been written about this, I did search today and found this advice on the Fuji HS10 web site:
"Extend the Battery life: Use the EVF – If you’re in a pinch and need to conserve as much battery power as possible, try using the electronic viewfinder (EVF) instead of the LCD. You can do this by pressing the EVF/LCD button".
http://fujifilm.cameratips.com/hs10/...m-hs10-battery

Regards

Last edited by dbnnet; Aug 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM.
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:20 PM   #15

Thank you db!

Greg :-)
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote