Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:03 PM   #1
LEK

Default posted in error, please ignore this message

Sorry, I tried to delete this message cause I figured out how to attach the filter but couldn't delete it. Just ignore message.

Last edited by LEK; Aug 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:07 PM   #2

Well, since you have a thread, tell us what the confusion was.
That may help others as well.
Mystery123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:42 PM   #3
LEK

It's really dumb, I'm almost ashamed to say. My excuse is I've never had a camera that needed a filter before, or even a camera with this kind of lens before. And the lens kind of intimidates me, I feel like I need to be so careful. So when I went to put it on, I had the camera off, and thought I needed to attach it to the outer ring, where the lens hood attaches. So of course it was too small for that. But with the camera off there was no other visible spot to screw it on. I finally realized when I turned the camera on the lens came up to the front and it was obvious where to attach it. I think there's going to be alot of learning on this camera, it's a whole new world than my little point and shoots.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:01 AM   #4

Thanks for sharing...
Mystery123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:59 AM   #5

We all make mistakes & often feel foolish from time to time, BUT even better than learning from our mistakes we help others learn along the way, so you have done something positive!!

I think a lot of simple problems occur because of lack of straightforward & PRINTED instructions for a piece of new equipment. I got so cheesed off sitting at my PC reading the manual off the CD for this camera that I have ended up printing it all out on A5 size pages & putting it in a ring binder - too big to carry about, but can always just take out relevant pages for things I might feel uncertain about when out & about with my camera.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEK View Post
It's really dumb, I'm almost ashamed to say. My excuse is I've never had a camera that needed a filter before, or even a camera with this kind of lens before. And the lens kind of intimidates me, I feel like I need to be so careful. So when I went to put it on, I had the camera off, and thought I needed to attach it to the outer ring, where the lens hood attaches. So of course it was too small for that. But with the camera off there was no other visible spot to screw it on. I finally realized when I turned the camera on the lens came up to the front and it was obvious where to attach it. I think there's going to be alot of learning on this camera, it's a whole new world than my little point and shoots.

Thats nothing ... since FZ38 is my first "serious" camera , I was very carefull when I was unboxing it , and when turning it on for the first time . I menaged to turn the camera on , but no matter how dark my enviroment was , frikin flash wouldnt fire! I tried all kinds of modes , ia , manual, shutter priroty , custom mode , no help , flash wouldnt fire !

Somehow , I think by accident in the end I pressed "open" button...
hrvoje xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:43 AM   #7
LEK

Oh, thanks for the laugh, I feel better now. Yes, the manual is a pain, not only inconvenient but unclear in some of it's explanations. But I do like the camera, I'm taking some test shots as I read through the manual, playing with settings(thank goodness for Sarah's "Beginners Guide"), and making a list of questions I don't have answers to yet, soon to be posted....