Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 22, 2010, 3:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
I've taken a few more shots and they again turn out less than impressive - like Chillgreg says it's OK in good light and has a great 24x zoom but I want more from a $500 camera. The video and burst shots from the FZ35 more than meet my needs. I want an articulating LCD but I can live without it. I certainly hope the FZ40 turns out OK but for now I am tired of trying to MAKE the FZ100 work for me.

Tomorrow I'll request an RMA and send it back. Disappointed but still have a good working FZ35!!
Clint,...it's looking like, except for burst, the FZ100 may be a bust.

I'm still wanting something better for bursts and will eagerly await the release of Canon's offering. In the meantime, FZ35 does a fine job.

Please, though, do not confuse me by submitting bursts of busts. I'm too old for that kind of stuff!

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:27 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
I've taken a few more shots and they again turn out less than impressive - like Chillgreg says it's OK in good light and has a great 24x zoom but I want more from a $500 camera. The video and burst shots from the FZ35 more than meet my needs. I want an articulating LCD but I can live without it. I certainly hope the FZ40 turns out OK but for now I am tired of trying to MAKE the FZ100 work for me.

Tomorrow I'll request an RMA and send it back. Disappointed but still have a good working FZ35!!
And on the flip side of the coin I've decided to keep mine. Now that I have it semi-figured out I'm more then pleased with the pictures.
BUT... Everyone sees things differently and has different expectations.
It's all good.
God bless those who keep it. God bless those who send it back. God bless those who hate the pictures. God bless those who love them.
ddandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:59 PM   #33

Yes - each has a different need. I hope you really enjoy it as much as I enjoy the FZ35.
He has richly blessed me.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddandb View Post
And on the flip side of the coin I've decided to keep mine. Now that I have it semi-figured out I'm more then pleased with the pictures.
BUT... Everyone sees things differently and has different expectations.
It's all good.
God bless those who keep it. God bless those who send it back. God bless those who hate the pictures. God bless those who love them.
This is really quite a forum,.....

In contrast to other forums, two members can take a different course on a camera purchase, after a trial period, and don't feel they have to call each other blind, stupid, or crazy. You guys do it right and it's fun to be along for the ride with you.

Thanks to you and Clint for sharing your experiences with the FZ100.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
This is really quite a forum,.....

In contrast to other forums, two members can take a different course on a camera purchase, after a trial period, and don't feel they have to call each other blind, stupid, or crazy. You guys do it right and it's fun to be along for the ride with you.

Thanks to you and Clint for sharing your experiences with the FZ100.

Jack
Here here!!!
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:20 AM   #36

Yes, thats a big strike of dissappointment for the FZ100 for Clint to send it packing...I didn't care for the Fuji HS10 either even though i got some good shots with it I just couldn't make myself feel comfortable with it...it's size was a little too big or a little too small? and I felt like I always had to make some adjustment to get a good shot or make a shot better...thats very disconcerting after using the FZ35 for so long...
It's really comical, but as far as real enjoyment I have enjoyed the FZ35 better than any other camera I have ever had in my hands...maybe it's because it doesn't feel challenging? Even better than my Canon 7D which is really a nice camera...so the FZ100 will definitely have to step up to the plate to take the FZ35(s) out of my hands...lol...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:15 AM   #37

Clint, ddandb -

Just have to re-iterate the work you've put in evaluating the FZ100. I was worried for a little while when I found out the FZ100 was due for release just a month and a half after I started using my FZ35, but after all the work you both put into evaluating the pictures, I'm a little more certain about hanging on to my camera, at least until I can work my way up to a dSLR.

As for the FZ100, hopefully the Panasonic engineers are madly churning out some sort of firmware update to fix some of the resolution issues. Going feature-rich but result-poor is never good for a product, especially when better examples come at half the price!
FlimFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:57 AM   #38

Quote:
hopefully the Panasonic engineers are madly churning out some sort of firmware update to fix some of the resolution issues
Can it be fixed? Isn't it a matter of a MOS/CMOS sensor vs. a CCD sensor? Every review I have read indicates that the CCD-based cameras have better IQ.

Frank
ftlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:00 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftlee View Post
Can it be fixed? Isn't it a matter of a MOS/CMOS sensor vs. a CCD sensor? Every review I have read indicates that the CCD-based cameras have better IQ.
Hrm. OK, so maybe I'm being unusually optimistic for a Monday. Must need more caffeine....
FlimFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:04 PM   #40

FlimFlam,

I may be wrong but, I believe I am right. That is why I posted this. Looking for the experts to chime in.
ftlee is offline   Reply With Quote