Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:52 PM   #51

Thanks guys for all the input here. I've just joined this group and lots of help is here. I own an FZ35 as well as a Canon 40D. The FZ is awesome and I'm considering upgrading (?) to the FZ100 ONLY because of the added features which really impress me. I'll be watching.

Thanks again for everything.
Neil
Maine
therentster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:20 AM   #52

Default fz100 pics

I am a complete novice and have been reading a lot of forums about the FZ100. I just wanted to share some pics I have taken. I have had it for about 2 weeks now. I was very frustrated in the beginning since I am a novice, but I tend to research the S*@t out of stuff and this forum has been very helpful. I think these pics came out pretty good but please feel free to let me know your thoughts. http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/I

Gregg

Last edited by gllet; Sep 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM.
gllet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:26 AM   #53

Default Difference between European and USA models?

I am really starting to wonder if the USA firmware is screwed up. All of the European review sites and many users seem to extol the FZ100's wonders. In the USA, it is just the opposite. Maybe European eyes are different than American's eyes? After all, they do say "aluminium" instead of "aluminum!" I don't know. I really love my FZ100 and just parted with my beloved 50d and L lenses because of my disability. I just shot a bunch of pictures at Yosemite and they are pretty good for this little camera. I was all set to get the FZ100 from all the European reviews but now I'm holding off. I think the more megapixels you try to squeeze out of the same sensor always increases noise and then you have to invent all kinds of NR technology to combat that. I am really interested in the FZ40 but it is still a no show. I wonder if it is from all the flack the FZ100 is getting? You can bet there will be a lot of "resale" sites that are going to offer "factory refurbished" FZ100's for half the price if this keeps up! I'd like to see a comparison of the same pictures taken with the Euro and USA models side by side to see if there is a difference. Just my 2 cents worth!
frodoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:22 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodoboy View Post
I am really starting to wonder if the USA firmware is screwed up. All of the European review sites and many users seem to extol the FZ100's wonders. In the USA, it is just the opposite. Maybe European eyes are different than American's eyes? After all, they do say "aluminium" instead of "aluminum!" I don't know. I really love my FZ100 and just parted with my beloved 50d and L lenses because of my disability. I just shot a bunch of pictures at Yosemite and they are pretty good for this little camera. I was all set to get the FZ100 from all the European reviews but now I'm holding off. I think the more megapixels you try to squeeze out of the same sensor always increases noise and then you have to invent all kinds of NR technology to combat that. I am really interested in the FZ40 but it is still a no show. I wonder if it is from all the flack the FZ100 is getting? You can bet there will be a lot of "resale" sites that are going to offer "factory refurbished" FZ100's for half the price if this keeps up! I'd like to see a comparison of the same pictures taken with the Euro and USA models side by side to see if there is a difference. Just my 2 cents worth!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium
Aluminium (UK: /ˌæljʉˈmɪniəm/ ( listen) AL-yew-MIN-ee-əm)[5] or aluminum (US: /əˈluːmɨnəm/ ( listen) ə-LOO-mi-nəm) is a silvery white member of the boron group of chemical elements.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote