Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncvrIslandGirl View Post
I tried to upload some photos last night but it wouldn't work, maybe the files are too big...?

I am totally loving having the camera. I think it really helps that I'm not having conniptions over how it compares to something else.
There is a file size limit - 1024 x 1024

If you use Picasa or some other online "photo album" you should be able to drag and drop the pictures into your posting box. That way you can "link" larger pictures.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Yes Clint that will help it's either 58mm or 60mm for sure...

Island girl is there fine threads inside that outer barrel?
Yes, it appears that there are threads on the inside of the barrel, though it is hard to see because the lens is in the way. Good thing I brought my camera to work, huh?!
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
There is a file size limit - 1024 x 1024

If you use Picasa or some other online "photo album" you should be able to drag and drop the pictures into your posting box. That way you can "link" larger pictures.
lol, so much more to learn!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Guess I will have to play with the modes a little bit to get faster/more comfortable changing things. I did a panorama on the weekend and is that feature ever slick! I know I will definitely use that but I did find the outline on the lcd that I had to match to was a bit faint, do you know if there is a way to darker that? I have found the focus to be tricky too with multiple focus points. I would prefer to have a single point I guess because that's what I'm used to so gotta work on that next.

I'm not into doing videos yet. I know weird getting a camera with that as a prime feature, right? But I thought that if I did have it, I would learn to use it.

I tried to upload some photos last night but it wouldn't work, maybe the files are too big...?

I am totally loving having the camera. I think it really helps that I'm not having conniptions over how it compares to something else.
The panorama overlap thing on my FZ35 is not that easy to see so I have learned that I can simply ignore it. I do use the panorama assist mode since it locks the focus etc. Then I just visually overlap a feature in my scene as I move from right to left or left to right, keeping something fairly well lined up with the grid lines. The software is magic.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
The panorama overlap thing on my FZ35 is not that easy to see so I have learned that I can simply ignore it. I do use the panorama assist mode since it locks the focus etc. Then I just visually overlap a feature in my scene as I move from right to left or left to right, keeping something fairly well lined up with the grid lines. The software is magic.

Do I have to use that PhotoFun whatever it's called software that comes with the camera to use the panorama assist? Will some other photo software stitch the pics together? I uninstalled the PhotoFun thing this morning because I kept getting an error message when I turned my computer off. It seemed to work OK, at least for transferring my photos from camera to computer and general viewing.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Do I have to use that PhotoFun whatever it's called software that comes with the camera to use the panorama assist? Will some other photo software stitch the pics together? I uninstalled the PhotoFun thing this morning because I kept getting an error message when I turned my computer off. It seemed to work OK, at least for transferring my photos from camera to computer and general viewing.
I tried it with another Panorama program and it worked fine. Can't remember the name of it (still at work). Anything should work as there is nothing special about the photos. The panorama mode just helps you keep the photos lined up for each progressive shot.
ddandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:38 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
It would be bigger than that. That is the filter size. I'm looking for the "barrel" size. The lens moves in and out of the barrel. If you want to use a teleconverter you need a DWM-LA3 to screw onto the barrel. I wanted to get that size. So it would be like the diagram - where the barrel threads are.
I'm running into the same problem that the others have. The lens doesn't fully retract so you really can't lay a ruler right across the barrel. Any measurement I give you would be best guess.
The only way to accurately get this measurement would be to rip the lens out. You seem like a really nice guy but I'm just not going to do this for you.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 1:25 AM   #28

Surely the lens retracts back when the camera is off?

I am in London right now and have checked one electronics store and no FZ100 or FZ45 in sight...going to check at another store...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Surely the lens retracts back when the camera is off?

I am in London right now and have checked one electronics store and no FZ100 or FZ45 in sight...going to check at another store...
Nope. Goes in, but not all the way.

(and don't call me Shirley)