Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:05 AM   #1

Default Playing with my new FZ35

The weather has been terrible here in Melbourne (Oz) so I haven't had an opportunity to take many scenes or people shots. On a recent lovely sunny morning I walked around and shot other peoples' gardens! These are a few of the hundreds I have taken so far. They never seem as sharp as some I have seen here - even by other newbies. The only PP would have been an occasional click on "I'm feeling lucky" in Picasa.
Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately I haven't worked out how to upload pictures from Picasa, so I have included the link to my album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mazj50/P...WithMyNewFZ35#

I must add how much invaluable assistance this forum has already been. I check in frequently to see what others are up to but this is my first offering.
azam650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:41 AM   #2

I've seen some nice shots on there, keep shooting ! . I also noticed your 'all time favourite FZ5 shot' within the FZ35 album, is this a typo, or is it actually from the FZ5 ?

To include photos here, I always upload them the way you do, browse to the image (the enlarged version), right-click it and copy the image location.

On the forum, I post the link, and put the [img.] [./img] tags around them (without the dot)

Like this: (nice shot!)

Honnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:46 AM   #3

Yes, Honnes, it is an FZ5 shot. I couldn't resist putting it in because it makes me feel like I can do it!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:27 PM   #4

Is an FZ35 the same camera as an FZ38 ?
Forzahibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:48 PM   #5

The FZ35 is the north american market version, the FZ38 is the european/asian market version. Hardware-wise they are identical, but there is a slight difference in the software.

The FZ38 (which I own) can't take videos of over 30 minutes. This is due to the law here, because everything that can record any longer than that, is a filmcamera. So Panasonic would have to release it here as a filmcamera otherwise, or choose to stick with the rules to stay a photocamera, which they did, but made a small change in the name . The FZ35 can record until the memory card is full.

I also read the following, but can't verify it as I don't own the FZ35, but the FZ38. On the FZ38's SETUP menu, there is an setting labeled VIDEO OUT that lets you "Set to match the colour television system in each country."
This menu setting is missing on the FZ35.

Last edited by Honnes; Aug 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:12 PM   #6

Actually I believe that there are two distinct FZ35 versions if I'm not mistaken. One is for North America and the other is for the far east including Australia. The far east one unlike the American version does have the television (PAL & NTSC) setting I have been told.
The FZ38 firmware is designed to by-pass a crazy EU tax law that registers the FZ35 as a Video cam (with higher taxes) because it can shoot for longer than 30 minutes. With the FZ38 one has to stop after 29 minutes and 59 seconds, but can then start recording right away again - Crazy!
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:53 PM   #7

Is this right? And do I do them all individually?

Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:57 PM   #8

Well, obviously that did work, thank you so much Honnes. I meant to add on the last post: can you copy image URL of the album, or do you do all the photos individually?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:11 AM   #9

If you copy the url of the album, you'll only see the link to the album, so yes, you need to do them individually if you want to post the photos here with IMG-tags around them .

I like the shot you posted
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:20 PM   #10

Good looking images! It will be hard for the FZ100 to match the IQ of the FZ35.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote