Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:01 AM   #1

Default FZ100 practice photos - 2

Here is the second set from my garden.

Name:  Hollyhock(1).jpg
Views: 284
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  Hydrangea(1).jpg
Views: 288
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  Peace rose(1).jpg
Views: 282
Size:  103.2 KB
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:55 AM   #2

Great shots, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work
scoobydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:27 AM   #3

Beautiful photos. Keepers everyone.
ddandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:32 AM   #4

Forgot to ask. Are you using a tripod?
My hand held closeups of flowers are so hit and miss. The fault is on my end. By the time I get into the leaning over, stooping down position to take them I've introduced to much camera shake. (old age)
I need to really get a tripod.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:13 AM   #5

No, I don't use a tripod, don't own one. I prefer less stuff to lug around rather than more. I take photos really for family events (fewer and fewer with the kids all grown and moved away!) and travel. I only took these flower ones to test it out.

Regarding camera shake though, I find it's difficult to hold the camera still and focus on what I want at full zoom, but the pictures still seem to turn out just fine, or at least to my untrained eye. I tend to think that a not 100% fabulous shot at zoom is more than I would have got with no zoom!

Do you currently use a camera with an articulated LCD? Would that help you with set up do you think?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncvrIslandGirl View Post
No, I don't use a tripod, don't own one. I prefer less stuff to lug around rather than more. I take photos really for family events (fewer and fewer with the kids all grown and moved away!) and travel. I only took these flower ones to test it out.

Regarding camera shake though, I find it's difficult to hold the camera still and focus on what I want at full zoom, but the pictures still seem to turn out just fine, or at least to my untrained eye. I tend to think that a not 100% fabulous shot at zoom is more than I would have got with no zoom!

Do you currently use a camera with an articulated LCD? Would that help you with set up do you think?
Yes I also have the FZ100. I haven't used the LCD much, just for review of pictures. The problem with LCD for me is glasses on-glasses off. Off to pick out things I want to take pictures of. On to see LCD screen. Off to maybe move over a little bit for a different angle on the subject then back on to look at the LCD.... Just using the viewfinder with it adjusted for my eyes makes things easier for me.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:41 PM   #7

I wear progressive lens' so it's just glasses on for me, but I'm constantly moving my head to find the "sweet spot"! I probably look like I've got "senior's shake" a bit before my time!