Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:54 PM   #11

Here goes my attempt in giving some right information. The macro lenses make it easier to keep focus when zooming in even more, and you'll see more detail. I think that's kind of a summarisation, in my opinion, what the macro lens is for.

Since I don't own any of them yet, I can't tell which one is better, or how much it is better compared to the FZ35 / 38 without any lens. That's why I ordered both.

As far as I can tell, the LC-55 is rather hard to get, at least over here. They cost more, but are manufactured by Panasonic themselves, which make them user friendly at the same time (I suppose). The Raynox DCR-250 is, obviously, cheaper than the LC-55, but appears to be a very good macro lens as well. Apart from that, it can be attached to different camera's, as you can adjust the thread size or whatever it's called.

I can't wait until I receive the lenses, and do a real comparison
Honnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:00 AM   #12

Hi there, I'm a recent user of panasonic fz35/38 and just been offered a LC55 macro lens with the adaptor DMW LA3. As far as I can see everything seems correct but when I attach these 2 items to my camera, a black circle shows up , that is to say the lens is picking the image of the adaptor. I really don't know why this happens and I've tried everything so far but nothing helps! Can anyone hep me / is having the same problem? Is this normal?? Thank you and happy new year
rakelmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:14 AM   #13

What you are seeing with the LC55 and adapter installed is called vignetting. because you have essentially extended what is front of the lens, in the wide angle position, the camera is actually seeing the adapter and the clear spot in the middle indicates the LC55.

You will also notice that the "black circle" as you describe it seems to vary as the camera lens is zoomed with the camera's zoom control. Zoom until you find the "sweet spot" where the "black circle" is encroaching the least amount on the photo frame.

That will be you focus and view area for taking macro photos. I am a digital camera instructor, but I do not use the LC55 macro lens. I am sure you will also receive answers to your post from others who do use the LC55.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:37 PM   #14

Thank u so much Sarah!
rakelmmc is offline   Reply With Quote