Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:47 PM   #41

Not defensive at all I have shot the Bigma and compared IQ...it still didn't have IQ of the Canon 100-400 (Sent the Bigma back)

You are attempting to state:
Corvette GS compared to a Porsche Carrera GT the Porsche is 4X the price, but the Corvette is almost at the same performance level...OK lets compare...they both get 0-60 mph in under 4 secs...but the Porsche does edge out the Corvette by a few hundreths of a second...but I put $350,000 back in my pocket by buying the Vette...and I can still give you a run for your money and even beat you if you slip up and miss a gear...

Same with cameras...just because you bring a Bigma out with me on a 2 mile hike taking shots of nature and wildlife don't mean you are going to get better photos or more keepers...no?...so the comparision remains fair for telezoom setup the FZ35 is probably the best setup on the market for this due to portability and ease of shooting on Monopod as shooting the Bigma off a Monopod wouldn't be the greatest of ideas?...besides you've never shot the FZ35 with a TC on so "Don't knock it if you haven't tried it" because you may not know as much as you think you know...like the rest of us mere mortals...

P.S. The best defense is a great offense...I travel with guards and automatic weapons all the time......
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:24 PM   #42

sorry but we are not comparing a vette to a porsche. More like a Audi RS6 to a Audi A4. The e620 with the right lens will run circles around the fz. Though the Bigma may not be the best lens out there. You mate that engine to the e620 and it still out right beats the FZ.

Now if I was hiking with a camera, the bigma would not be the be a lens I really would want to carry along. But I would have weigh the trade off with the IQ vs travel and size. And I would pick a travel and size package. But that is a completely different subject form what this comparison was initially about.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:06 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
sorry but we are not comparing a vette to a porsche. More like a Audi RS6 to a Audi A4. The e620 with the right lens will run circles around the fz. Though the Bigma may not be the best lens out there. You mate that engine to the e620 and it still out right beats the FZ.

Now if I was hiking with a camera, the bigma would not be the be a lens I really would want to carry along. But I would have weigh the trade off with the IQ vs travel and size. And I would pick a travel and size package. But that is a completely different subject form what this comparison was initially about.
I beg to differ sir...it was about the longest possible zoom available on a poor mans budget as you can see it compared a 4/3 1200mm, an FZ35 w/ a TC on board and the Super Zoom FZ100 to see the best bang for the buck for poor ole country boys like me and Clint that can't afford to spend $5000-$10,000 on a lens...sorry if it hurt your feelings no harm intended...you stick with the E620 and I'll keep my ole run down FZ35...happy hunting...
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:10 PM   #44

yes it is a long zoom, but the bigma is still better, with a 4/3 sensor it will still give better results then a 1/2.33 with a conversion lens TC. You were posting about image quality, not about price.

I do not know how many more times I can say it, yes the FZ is the best bang for the buck if reach is the main thing. It will reach out a ton for pennies to the dollar vs a dlsr. But it will not match in the IQ department. That is all.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:45 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
yes it is a long zoom, but the bigma is still better, with a 4/3 sensor it will still give better results then a 1/2.33 with a conversion lens TC. You were posting about image quality, not about price.

I do not know how many more times I can say it, yes the FZ is the best bang for the buck if reach is the main thing. It will reach out a ton for pennies to the dollar vs a dlsr. But it will not match in the IQ department. That is all.
I beg to differ again sir...it was about what was available in my hands to get the longest zoom with the best IQ and to test the limts of the zooms...the FZ35 clearly wins as the BIGMA isn't feasible except off a Tripod...sorry i no speekie di engleshi tu guud...maybe you do your own caparision? and we see how it's done by the greatest camera man since Ansel Adams? you sure act like it?

Last edited by LTZ470; Aug 30, 2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:49 PM   #46

I think it was misleading with the tc photo you ended up removing. It really did give the impression that it will outperform a dslr with a long reach lens. And some other members seem to have read it that way.

I know the limitation of all my camera's, and I use them within their limitation and have results I like. I do not in any way will put my epl-1 up against my T1i is 3200iso, or action shooting. It is not where it performs.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:07 PM   #47

Third post in this thread: Quote:

Quote:
I agree Clint maybe could have added +1 on Exposure...but IQ is definitely better on the FZ35...I just bought a used one off B&H and it was like new for $225...bang for the buck there's not much gonna touch it up to the DSLR's...
Is the post above so hard to comprehend? I don't think you read the post, you just start assuming an then start replying...why don't you try and read what is written first?, then reply...instead of replying like you are the greatest most knowledgable camera buff in the world...and there's nothing else you could possibly learn from anyone or anything?

I learn everyday...check ou the FZ100 photo's I posted...not great, but give me some time to learn the camera and they should get better...

Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:16 PM   #48

I did read what was written. And there was multiple post that said the FZ was way better. And that was compare to a OOF shot. I do not need to link it as it is right there on the first page. I am talking about a bunch of posted in general by other member that was easily read as it was the fz will out preform in iq base one the photos that were posted. And for someone new, just reading that and looking at the oof shots, it is super easy to believe the e620 is a super poor performer. Which is not true. With the samples that is posted regularly in the oly dslr forum. There is a ton of 70-300mm shot with the e620 and bigma shots. That are excellent and pro quality at long ranges.

I am not disagreeing that the fz is a great performing camera. But I just like comparisons of apples to apples, not apples to oranges. I am not in dispute that the FZ with a conversion lens tc is a way better tool to hike with, nor that it gives great reach. As it does all that.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:38 PM   #49

Dude, you didn't even read the post above that I wrote....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:40 PM   #50

have you read all the accolade that was listed on the first page on the fz, base on you OOF tc shot?