Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:55 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
have you read all the accolade that was listed on the first page on the fz, base on you OOF tc shot?
Yes, I read the marmalade (Is that english?), it was about the IQ on the FZ35 although it was shot underexposed with spot focus/metering and it was compared to the E620 IN FOCUS at 600mm and the FZ100 in FOCUS at 800mm? and the E620 1200mm OOF, sorry like I said it don't AF and I didn't know it was only MF, but I think I already stated that and also removed the picture so you would be able to sleep tonight...ST please post your own comparision to straighten mine out...because I ain't removing mine...

I am almost sure, if you, the "Great Shoturtle" would give us a comparision post of this type EVERYONE would run out and buy an Olympus E620 with a 2X TC and a 70-300mm tomorrow...lol...heck I might even go out and buy one myself although I just sent the other back today...lol...

Good night ST...don't let the FZ bugs bite you...lol...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:57 PM   #52

LTZ,

I am not the great shoturtle. I am just pointing out that it was a unfair comparison. That is all. If you have ever follow any of my posting about megazoom. It really am a big fan of the FZ's but I do know their limitations.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:23 AM   #53

Life's not fair ST...you can either telezoom or you can't there's no other way around it unless you want to Manual Focus...if I wanted to do that I would use the 100-400 and the TC1.4X or the TC2.0 for 1280mm...

I thought the 4/3 cameras would be a good poor mans setup for super zoom...but it proved otherwise in my eyes

Last edited by LTZ470; Aug 31, 2010 at 9:38 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:13 PM   #54

You keep missing the point, you posted info without know the dynamics of the system you were using. And it was completely miss leading. And it did miss lead other members. That has been my point the whole time. But if you feel the 1/2.33 is the route to go, that is your choice. And if it is you end all be all, good that you found it.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:06 PM   #55

Still waiting on your comparision ST...unless I have missed it?...

Your point is mute ST the 1/2.33 will get you much further much faster much cheaper much easier and with VERY comparable IQ for many of us that also like to take photos, but don't claim to be an expert in all cameras as you seem hold as your claim to fame...

Sorry, but you are missing the point also...do your own comparision for your style of shooting and you can make any point you want ST...

And to be honest I don't believe anything you say...sorry, you are faced with this dilemma...

Now a Comparision of the cameras in question with photos...I would believe...as in "Seeing is Believing"...when you post that send me a link as I would definitely be very interested...

I think the old adage applies " Talk is Cheap"...

As I stated before I am simple minded nothing more nothing less...I like what works best for me and others, but what you fail to understand is most of us don't want to work that hard for good photos when you can get great photos cheaper and easier without carrying 3 stones of weight around...for most of us we could care less about "standing on one leg, licking ourselves behind the left ear, twitching one eyebrow, while waving our pinkie finger to get a photo of DSLR quality"...if it don't perform it won't be in my stable for long

Get the point?

Last edited by LTZ470; Aug 31, 2010 at 3:18 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:15 PM   #56

If you like to get defensive about your gear, do not post soft oof photos on the board. You open them up of criticism. I sorry that you got so offended that i find your photos samples flawed for what you intended to show.

But like I said, I would not shoot any 70-300mm 4-5.6 with a 2tc. I know I do not have a split prism with any of my cameras. And I do not think I would nail the MF. Secondly I would not put a conversion lens TC on any dslr or m4/3 lens. As that really degrade the image even more. It is the fact of the system.

If you look at shots of the serious TC shooters, they are shooting with a min a F4 lens, but mostly use a F2.8 when shooting with a TC. They use TC like the canon EF 2.0x or ef 1.4x, and the oly guys use ec-20 and ec-1.4.

So yes talk is cheap. And your sample is still flawed. And if I were to put a 70-300mm with a conversion lens TC, it too would be flawed.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:27 PM   #57

If I was a serious shooter dude I would buy the $5000 lens...and that goes for you also...you can't get away from a OOF shot, because that is the only way to keep hanging on to the one ounce of integrity or knowledge you might have...

Still waiting on the Comparision Thread ST...the old adage applies here too...Put Up or Keep Quiet...preferably the latter...

Because to be honest even without the OOF shot the FZ35 still has better IQ at that distance for $300 cheaper than the E620 and the 70-300mm because it can't reach that far, and if the shot was there to take I.E. A bird or animal the E620 would have missed the opportunity and the FZ35 would have captured it...whats so hard to understand about that...Oh...I guess you would run back to the truck and grab the 2X TC then mate it up to the E620 and the 70-300mm run back and grab the shot by manually focusing on the subject...OK now I understand what you are trying to say...lol...

Last edited by LTZ470; Aug 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:31 PM   #58

After reading this thread, I thought for a minute I was back over on the DP Review forum. Personally, I understood exactly what LTZ470 was showing and want to thank him for taking the time to do it.

The comparisons were valuable and informative to me.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:47 PM   #59

I agree to a certain extent. The assumption that a DSLR outperforms any P&S is simply not accurate. Maybe it will in some areas, such as AF speed or high ISO performance but not necessarily in terms of IQ. I have a P&S Sony R1 and even though it's not a great camera for action or low light shooting (not because of noise but slow focusing), its IQ beats lots of DSLRs out there, hands down. Maybe LTZ should just take a few other pictures with those cameras to re-enforce the results. But from what I see, yes the E620 is a good camera (far from great, though) and the 70-300mm is an excellent lens but the combo under performs the FZs.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:28 PM   #60

Ltz,

I do not need to waste any air on this, if I were to shoot a dslr at 1200-1400m I would go with the bigma an the 1.4 tc. And satire's samples so way better iq then you samples. The details were cleaner and sharper.

So you may want to wait all you want, you will not see me shoot a 70-300 4-5.6 with a 2x tc. Just will not happen. I know the limitations of all my gear.

Tullio,

I am not saying the dslr is the best for all situations. I do not think I have ever said that, or the you need a min of a m4/3 either. Depending on the situation, you get the best tool for it. That has always been my point. And I am in complete agreement with you that combo is way behind the FZ. As it will not work properly. Which the OOF shot shows.