Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:42 PM   #1

Default Burst Mode FZ100

It got too late for the Blue Heeler and the Frisbee...I was having to throw it and shoot also so it didn't work out as good as I had planned, but the burst mode is works great...still need tweaking on my settings, but hopefully can get there without too much PP...thats my biggest problem I don't like PP, well minimal PP...to me PP is a waste of living time...
I'll get the wife to throw tomorrow, she was busy today...

LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:42 AM   #2

Good work,....I promised myself I wouldn't buy the FZ100 until I had seen what Canon has to offer soon,....but I'm losing my resolve. In the meantime, my FZ35 has to carry the load.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:37 AM   #3

Jack, you don't have an FZ100 (Big Fuzzy) yet? or have one on order? Oh please do! I have been looking forward to you coming to "the fuzzy side" to play with us!
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:45 AM   #4

One thing I learned is the C-Af doesn't work as well as the Q-Af for Burst Mode...going to try some different settings also at 14Mp & 10Mp...I shot some RAW but can't get Silky Pix to open them?...maybe need to reload the software?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncvrIslandGirl View Post
Jack, you don't have an FZ100 (Big Fuzzy) yet? or have one on order? Oh please do! I have been looking forward to you coming to "the fuzzy side" to play with us!
VI Girl,.....I've got Fall baseball games with my 9 year old grandson that I have to preside over and the FZ35 will probably do the job,......but I'm sure my results, though good, will make me yearn even more for the FZ100.

In the meantime, I hope to hear and see more about that cannon of a camera, Big Fuzzy, and all it's features,......thanks to all of you for absolutely holding my attention!!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
VI Girl,.....I've got Fall baseball games with my 9 year old grandson that I have to preside over and the FZ35 will probably do the job,......but I'm sure my results, though good, will make me yearn even more for the FZ100.
I sure wish I'd had the burst shooting and great zoom when my girls were playing baseball. (yes, that's real baseball, with the boys which until then had been unheard of in our community!) Of the zillions of pictures I took, I don't have any real keepers of the lot.

Even though so far the general concensus seems to be that IQ is better on the FZ35, I can't resist the burst mode, slightly longer zoom and articulated lcd. Lucky for me, I don't have an FZ35 or other fab camera to compare to! Keeps my life a bit simpler and less stressful in that regard for sure!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
I shot some RAW but can't get Silky Pix to open them?...maybe need to reload the software?
I had something not quite right with my first loading of the software too. It seemed to go OK but I kept getting an error message when I wanted to turn my computer off. I hadn't done anything else or added other software so I knew that had to be the problem. I uninstalled and did it again and it's been fine.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:23 PM   #8

Thanks VI Girl...I'll give it a try...I just wanted to compare the RAW with the Jpegs I got yesterday...I can't see how the IQ could be better?...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncvrIslandGirl View Post
I sure wish I'd had the burst shooting and great zoom when my girls were playing baseball. (yes, that's real baseball, with the boys which until then had been unheard of in our community!) Of the zillions of pictures I took, I don't have any real keepers of the lot.

Even though so far the general concensus seems to be that IQ is better on the FZ35, I can't resist the burst mode, slightly longer zoom and articulated lcd. Lucky for me, I don't have an FZ35 or other fab camera to compare to! Keeps my life a bit simpler and less stressful in that regard for sure!
VI Girl,

My grandson was on the 7 and 8 year old all star team this year. One of the best players on the team was Hailey, a sweet little gal that could really play the game. She was solid at first base and catcher and could run the bases like a deer! She was the only girl in the league and she sure made everyone proud. The boys all loved her and, as they say, she was just "one of the boys."

Our Little League field is almost completely surrounded by protective fencing. I took most of my shots from out by the right field fence. That was okay for the batter etc but when the action was over at third, I needed Big Fuzzy,.....

My action shots were with high speed burst at 3mp and they were okay. Due to the burst limitations, I got my best action clips from video grabs. So, it's very clear that I need more zoom and better burst!

Jack
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
I can't see how the IQ could be better?...
For my eyes, the IQ is just fine, I just meant the general nay-sayers "out there". I think I need to play with the exposure a bit. When I did some PP on a couple of shots of my garden and just did an auto adjust to exposure, it made a notable difference on those ones.