Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:08 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Looking pretty good but some very quick pointers that will hopefully help you out (saying you've done a good job is fine but you will never learn )......

#1 This is a little dark and also over saturated for my taste. Possibly just reduce saturation and lighten the green channel to help the red pop more.

#2 This works really well, good composition and subject.

#3 An OK shot but not my taste but you've sorted exposure etc well.

#4 The major problems are a bit too tight in the crop, the horizon is off and the white balance is out. There is too much red and green so take a white point from the top of the helmet and this really picks things up to a normal looking shot.

On to the next set.

#1 A lovely looking scene that would be great to experiment more in. My eye is taken to the bird and wants to see more of it.

#2 This really needs to be done with two exposures as the trees are too dark.

#3 Good balanced exposure but just not enough to look at. In a landscape try to get a point of interest in the foreground then have the middle ground and background.

#4 This is a good photo, similar standard to the one of the leaf as both of these stand out from the others. The horizon is off by about 0.5 of a degree (as anyone who has been here for while will tell you I see horizons that are off very easily). I would also bring a bit more contrast in but apart from that you are looking good.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:35 AM   #12

Great looking shots! Beautiful country.

Mark - I'm glad you saw the bird - I totally missed it!
Had to go back for a second look. - Guess that's why they say "Watch the birdie!"

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:23 AM   #13

Once again.....
Attached Images

aarunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:45 AM   #14

I like the shot of the river - the little blue bird in the bottom left corner looking at the same view really finishes it off.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:23 PM   #15

I'm really enjoying all of these for different reasons (plus it shows what the FZ35 can really do! Clearly, I just have to be more patient with mine, lol).

I'd love to know what the EXIF data is on those beautiful red flowers you shot in macro.

I like the -- is that a tree trunk, or a stone tower? -- where the POV is straight up? Did you have to lie on the ground to get that shot?

Is the shot with the kudzu hanging off the trees in Florida, or Georgia, or somewhere like that?

I like the one with the biker in foreground looking out at the boat -- that's a real storytelling photo to me.
Roooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSykes View Post
I like the shot of the river - the little blue bird in the bottom left corner looking at the same view really finishes it off.
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooby View Post
I'm really enjoying all of these for different reasons (plus it shows what the FZ35 can really do! Clearly, I just have to be more patient with mine, lol).

I'd love to know what the EXIF data is on those beautiful red flowers you shot in macro.

I like the -- is that a tree trunk, or a stone tower? -- where the POV is straight up? Did you have to lie on the ground to get that shot?

Is the shot with the kudzu hanging off the trees in Florida, or Georgia, or somewhere like that?

I like the one with the biker in foreground looking out at the boat -- that's a real storytelling photo to me.
1)EXIF of flower shot is like : just put the dial into macro... Select FLOWER mode and just click.... Glad that some one asked EXIF to me

2)Yup its a Tree trunk...i lied Flat on the ground to get that Shot

3) its kerala(INDIA) the Gods Own Country.....

4) Im some one who loves bikes and Touring .... its One of my fav shots

Im really glad that u liked my clicks....
Like u... me too is a Beginner...on the first few days i was sad and fraustrated as none of my photos came good !!!
this cam got lot of capabalities.... My advice for u ....Go Out there and CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICk...........learning by doing ....

Last edited by aarunn; Oct 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:01 AM   #17

From my Friend s place
Attached Images