Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:01 AM   #1

Default FZ100 Couple Burst for Jack ISO800 10Mp

Jack I dropped the ball again, me and the 5 yr old got down on the creek shooting close ups and got back too late...it was Clints fault he put the TC-E17Ed on his FZ35 backwards...lol...

Last edited by LTZ470; Sep 1, 2010 at 8:38 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Jack I dropped the ball again, me and the 5 yr old got down on the creek shooting close ups and got back too late...it was Clints fault he put the TC-E17Ed on his FZ35 backwards...lol...

I was doing portrait shots - that way you get the "far away look".

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:36 AM   #3

These are 10Mp and ISO800 so it was getting late again...he is old like me and Clint and the cooler it gets the better he performs...once it's almost dark he really starts getting some air, unfortunately whe he shines the camera doesn't...lol...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
I was doing portrait shots - that way you get the "far away look".
LOL...you thought you wife had left you when she was actually standing in the kitchen...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:42 AM   #5

That's a fine looking dog. I've seen them before but never knew the breed. What's his name?

Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:52 AM   #6

Gus after the Gus in Lomesome Dove...he is very tenacious and has bitten me several times...he was choking to death on a ball one time and I got my hands in his mouth to pull his jaws open after rushing him to the vet and hit bit both hands to the knuckle (I was trying to get the vet to wedge his mouth open with anything...
Then I got in the Vets back pocket and his help and told them they had better help (All this time he is latched down onto my hands!) I got his mouth pulled open again and he passed out and eyes glazed over...the vet got his finger under the ball in is throat and popped it out..

We put him on oxygen and I told everybody to run...they said why?...I said cause when he comes to he is going to being trying to bite everyone in sight...

15 minutes later they all come out and say...go get him he won't let anyone near him...lol...

BUT the babies can toture him and he will not bite them at all...

Unafarid of heights, he and I...we have walked the edges of the Grand Canyon to cliffs all over it doesn't bother him to walk on tp of bridge railings if they are flat...

Very strange dogs, but I have owned them for 30+ years...

He can actually communicate with me if he wants something he will come get me and bark at me until I open a door or a gate where he wants to go...but he plays dumb the rest of the time...lol...

I would really like to have a Blue Heeler - Border Collie cross also....
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:57 AM   #7

Gus - Lonesome Dove - my all time favorite stories about Gus and Woodrow.

He sounds like a great companion.

Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:37 AM   #8

Thanks LTZ!

I think the burst mode is going to be one of the most useful features on the FZ100, at least for me. I'm betting the new Canon will have improved burst options also.

I love all the dog stuff,....I've got two Llewellin setters here at my feet wondering when quail season opens.

By the way, you are really getting your money's worth out of the FZ100, from close ups of a Praying Mantis on DP Review, to these bursts,.....this may be serving as a durability test for the "Big Fuzzy" as I think of it.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:32 PM   #9

Your welcome Jack...these at ISO800 and 10Mp show the poor end I think...I could have gotten better with a few adjustments...

All of the FZ100 shots are PP'd in Windows Photo Gallery:

Crop as required: For composition and to show more detail

Adjust Detail: Analyze which reduces noise then sharpen 2 clicks and some even 3 clicks

Shadows: adjust light or dark depending on subject/composition

Hope and Pray I don't mislead anyone...lol...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:22 PM   #10

Just wanted to thank you for all of the photos that you've taken the time to post. It really is helpful and encouraging to see them especially given the amount of negative comments that are out there. I appreciate too when you add what settings the pics are taken with. I am still tweaking etc on my settings yet most of the time I can't really tell the difference when I look at them on my screen! I guess I don't really know what to look for in the fine details.
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote