Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:03 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
eysha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 1,212
Default Touching up

Hi, after a visit to Scotland recently i thought my photos looked a bit washed out, they were mainly landscapes and i had expected better colour from my F38.
My question is do you touch up your photos and if so how, details please?
Also how do you do batch work in adobe?
I need to put some colour back in my photos.
I kept my setting on 'P' all the time as advised here.
Many thanks in advance
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 233
Default

If you feel that you "need to put colour back" into your photos,
stay with "P", but increase the Saturation to +1.
It works for me.
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Forzahibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenrothes Fife Scotland
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Hi, after a visit to Scotland recently i thought my photos looked a bit washed out, they were mainly landscapes and i had expected better colour from my F38.
My question is do you touch up your photos and if so how, details please?
Also how do you do batch work in adobe?
I need to put some colour back in my photos.
I kept my setting on 'P' all the time as advised here.
Many thanks in advance
E.
Whereabouts were you ? I'm off for a run to Pitlochry tomorrow , hopefully i'll have something nice to show for it
Forzahibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:52 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
eysha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 1,212
Default

Thank, i will do that dbnnet.
I was at Pitlochry, small town and very expensive. More for the tourist. Only public Loo is 30p a p, lol.
Not much to see. An hour there was enouh for us but you might like it.
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Forzahibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenrothes Fife Scotland
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Thank, i will do that dbnnet.
I was at Pitlochry, small town and very expensive. More for the tourist. Only public Loo is 30p a p, lol.
Not much to see. An hour there was enouh for us but you might like it.
E.
I've been before i'm only roughly 1 hour south , just fancied getting out of town cos the weather is supposed to be good tomorrow (ie not raining)
Obviously want to try a few of the tips i've read on here
Forzahibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:02 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
eysha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 1,212
Default

Then you live in a lovely area. I just spent five days in the highlands and covered west to east staying at Strathpeffer as a base. I prefer the west and loved Ullerpool. hope you get some great shots. I wanted some for my artwork but my photos looked so washed out that i was disapointed. i will do as dbnnet suggests now. I live much further south - angel of the north is you know where that area is. E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Forzahibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenrothes Fife Scotland
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Then you live in a lovely area. I just spent five days in the highlands and covered west to east staying at Strathpeffer as a base. I prefer the west and loved Ullerpool. hope you get some great shots. I wanted some for my artwork but my photos looked so washed out that i was disapointed. i will do as dbnnet suggests now. I live much further south - angel of the north is you know where that area is. E.
I do indeed , normally fly from there when i go on my hols . Lovely people
Forzahibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
eysha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 1,212
Default

The airport is a few miles north of me - i can see the statue.
Spent many happy hours/weeks/months in Edinburgh and loved it then and now too.
Happy shooting and don't forget to show. E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:30 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Forzahibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenrothes Fife Scotland
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
The airport is a few miles north of me - i can see the statue.
Spent many happy hours/weeks/months in Edinburgh and loved it then and now too.
Happy shooting and don't forget to show. E.
<------------ I spend lots of saturday afternoons in Edinburgh sometimes happy often not
Forzahibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:21 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
eysha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 1,212
Default

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. My grandson studied in Edinburgh reccently - showing my age now, lol. but i haven't stayed there since being a teenager - a couple of years ago
Don't forget to show your pics.
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.