Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:18 PM   #1

Default FZ100 Garden Spider without the wind!

Last edited by LTZ470; Sep 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:46 PM   #2

I've never really seen the beauty or usefulness of taking macro shots of bugs, spiders, flowers etc,.......but I will admit right now that your pictures are changing my mind. I don't know how in the world you are doing it with that terrible FZ100 that has too many pixels, too much noise, and other problems too numerous to mention.

Those are just stunning! You are the best salesman for the FZ100 that I've seen on the internet. I really enjoy your pictures.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:00 PM   #3

now the big questions...
how big was the spider, how close were you to him/her?
how did he/she like its photo taken?
I know it is called a 'garden spider' go figure...is sure pretty!
And, wanted to say a Very Good photo series! Oh, did you brush off the little drop of water in the end?
Yes, am being cheeky....
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:58 PM   #4

No LLW, but I did feed her a cricket after the photo shoot...lol...she wouldn't eat the cricket with me watching as soon as I turned around she had it wrapped up like a Taco!

She is about the size of a well developed popcorn kernel...and I utilised AF Macro and "A" Priority...+1 Contrast...+1 Sharpness...+1 Saturation...-2 NR...Spot metering...AWB...IExposure = Standard...ISO Limit to 400Max...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Super Moderator

impressive creature and pics.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:41 AM   #6

that is astonishing!!
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:00 AM   #7

Tripod or not?a.
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 6:37 AM   #8

LT will you please stop posting photos, because I'm running out of superlatives!!!

It doesn't seem to matter which camera you pick, up your photographs are always technically and aesthetically mind-bogglingly stupendous.

I'd like you to open a new thread both here and at DPR (more idiots to entertain us there lol) called say "guess the camera". Take exactly the same shots with ZS7, FZ35, FZ100 and whatever else you have lying around, strip the EXIF, and run it as a competition. Don't reveal the answer for say 7 days. You'll probably have to resize so the images are exactly the same pixel dimensions. Suggest that in-camera adjustments are fair game (same shutter and aperture, minimum ISO), bit NO PP of any kind. Oh and use WB manual with a white card to eliminate colour-cast guessing too. Focal length would vary to produce the same DOF and angle of view. Done on a nice bright day a DSLR would be a cat amongst the pigeons too.

I think it would be quite fun!

Greg :-))))))))))))))

Last edited by chillgreg; Sep 8, 2010 at 6:41 AM.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:17 AM   #9

Thanks idenny!

@kibaris yes tripod using 10 sec 3 shot

@greg you are too funny...yes, that is a good idea unfortunately the rest of this week I am getting ready for a dune trip to West Texas...would like to post some high iso shots from the FZ100 though at some point...
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:24 AM   #10

How did you persuade the spider to stand still, in order to focus and meter the exposure? How many photagraphs in total did you get in order to have the top seven to post? What kind of post processing did you do?Once again, excellent work...a.
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote