Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Kibaris there are a lot of peple that will try to tell you one thing or another about the FZ38-FZ100-FZ40...I own all of them and shoot all of them...I don't know if others here have done that or not...

The FZ35 is hands down the easiest to use...the FZ40 is close on IQ on the FZ35 99% of the people will not be able to tell...if you are proficient with cameras the FZ100 is a decent performer at the long end of the zoom it has better IQ than the FZ35 and actually shows more detail than the FZ40 of the subject...these are field test I have done myself as an amateur...

I have used the samples from image resource...DPR...etc only to find they are not always what they seem...they are a guide only in controlled conditions...

If I didn't have any of the cameras and had a choice I would take the FZ40 hands down as it is going to be a performer for sure and the 24X is great!

I am really enjoying the speed and extra accessories on the FZ100...I will always have an FZ35 and even have an FZ50...the FZ35 is easy to learn and can help someone advance marginal skills...it is very consistent, more so than the FZ100...

Here's a few that you can look at the difference...the only way the poster above knows the difference is he is using an EXIF software to give the details...

great pictures again LTZ..you are amazing..!! but please tell me the camera you have used to capture all the 4 images..thanks..again..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:13 AM   #12

The FZ35 and the FZ100...#1 & #3 w/ FZ100...#2 & #4 FZ35 with LC55 Conversion Lens...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:51 AM   #13

Default So, tell us, which is which??

Okay....which is which??

Quote:
Kibaris there are a lot of peple that will try to tell you one thing or another about the FZ38-FZ100-FZ40...I own all of them and shoot all of them...I don't know if others here have done that or not...

The FZ35 is hands down the easiest to use...the FZ40 is close on IQ on the FZ35 99% of the people will not be able to tell...if you are proficient with cameras the FZ100 is a decent performer at the long end of the zoom it has better IQ than the FZ35 and actually shows more detail than the FZ40 of the subject...these are field test I have done myself as an amateur...

I have used the samples from image resource...DPR...etc only to find they are not always what they seem...they are a guide only in controlled conditions...

If I didn't have any of the cameras and had a choice I would take the FZ40 hands down as it is going to be a performer for sure and the 24X is great!

I am really enjoying the speed and extra accessories on the FZ100...I will always have an FZ35 and even have an FZ50...the FZ35 is easy to learn and can help someone advance marginal skills...it is very consistent, more so than the FZ100...

Here's a few that you can look at the difference...the only way the poster above knows the difference is he is using an EXIF software to give the details...

marilynsweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:03 AM   #14

thanks..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:01 PM   #15

I have the FZ28 and the ZS6. Is it worth it to upgrade to the FZ40 or FZ100 as far as IQ goes? I've been through countless cameras including SLR and DSLRs in the last 57 years. I'm not interested in going back to a DSLR just for IQ.
Thanks much,
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_M View Post
I have the FZ28 and the ZS6. Is it worth it to upgrade to the FZ40 or FZ100 as far as IQ goes? I've been through countless cameras including SLR and DSLRs in the last 57 years. I'm not interested in going back to a DSLR just for IQ.
Thanks much,
Ron these are IQ samples...it's better for someone to decide what they require for their own tastes...but you can't go wrong with the FZ35 or the FZ40...I love both cameras, but the FZ40 will most likely succeed my FZ35's for awhile...FZ35 is still the best bang for the buck out there right now...the zoom on these samples was way up there...
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...s-samples.html
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Ron these are IQ samples...it's better for someone to decide what they require for their own tastes...but you can't go wrong with the FZ35 or the FZ40...I love both cameras, but the FZ40 will most likely succeed my FZ35's for awhile...FZ35 is still the best bang for the buck out there right now...the zoom on these samples was way up there...
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...s-samples.html
Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.