Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 11, 2010, 12:05 PM   #31

To me, these images don't mean much. Many are way over exposed. Contrast is off and most images are soft (with a couple exceptions). The only thing they tell is that the FZ100 seems to under expose by -0.3 (or another way to look at it, the FZ35 and FZ40 over expose by +0.3). Withe some exposure compensation, the FZ35 would outperform the other two, specially in terms of sharpness.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 1:48 PM   #32

I'm finding myself in the same dilemma! I had settled on getting the FZ38 after all the positive reviews and the great pictures on this forum, but now, if the FZ45 has the same image quality just with a bigger zoom...

I tried the FZ45 in a shop today, and was surprised just how much the extra zoom gives, but it IS a bit bigger than the FZ38 which is not so good as I have small hands. If the IQ is the same though and its as beginner friendly... Argh - head hurts!
AshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:28 PM   #33

Quote:
if the FZ45 has the same image quality just with a bigger zoom...
I guess that is going to depend on how you are going to be using the camera. According to this review, on higher-ISO photos the FZ35 produces better results. I am not sure what can be deemed from one 400ISO shot. I have seen a lot of great looking night shots from the FZ35 and none from the FZ40/45 yet.

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...c_fz45_review/
ftlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:43 PM   #34

LTZ,

My wife and I are not really "play with the settings" kind of people. We simply want to point-and-shoot. Can you compare iA-mode (flash) on the FZ35 and FZ40 and let us know your thoughts?

Thanks!!!!
ftlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:53 AM   #35

Mr Lee I would definitely get the FZ35 if you want to shoot iA Mode...I'll get some shots tomorrow of them both in iA...I would like to know myself...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 9:34 PM   #36

hi,

nice thread and nice shots !

but can you please post some low light ISO 400/800 shots in both indoors and outdoors with same focal lengths, aperture and speeds?

also like some others, i too think FZ35 is doing better in sharpness. Is this Adjustable anyhow?
flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:48 PM   #37

LTZ470,

thanks a lot for carrying out tests on the latest FZs... you are doing a great service ...

I read in some thread that you are retiring ( wont be doing any more comparisons ) ..... but there's one thing missing ... the night shots!

so far i haven't seen any night shots from 45 or 100

before you retire from active duty ..... can i bother you for just 1 more comparison (night shots from all the three FZs)... please...?
hazizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:36 PM   #38

LTZ470,

Please choice 1 same picture done by each camera, some already done by you, landscape and picture, macro or bird that it is my main objective, without pos-processing, enlarge the pictures for the original size of each a, cut a piece where of the for seeing the subject in first plan and a part of the bottom as second plan, my intention is to see which preserves more details of the 3 cameras when seen in the original size, the comparison pictures that I have been seeing here are always in reduced size.
Andre Adeodato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:36 AM   #39

Sorry for not being able to accommodate...I am back at work in West Africa about 10,000 miles from home...the only companion is my trusty ZS7...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:53 AM   #40

In every way thank you. I have been noticing in pictures of FZ100 enlarged for the original size, that subjects even in first plan and more distant of the center they lose a lot of definition, as well as the background.
Andre Adeodato is offline   Reply With Quote