Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:31 AM   #1

Default FZ100 & FZ 40 ISO800 Flash & No Flash Indoors

Someone requested these...sorry best I can do under the circumstances...

Top to Bottom FZ100 & F40 ISO No Flash:

Top to Bottom FZ100 & F40 ISO No Flash Zoom:

Top to Bottom FZ100 & F40 ISO with Flash:

Top to Bottom FZ100 & F40 ISO with Flash Zoom:

LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:08 PM   #2

It's amazing how much difference there is in the way the senors record the color and detail. I'd have to give the FZ40 the better IQ. The big fuzzy seems to make things a bit darker. But again many may like the "richer" darker look. I suppose a few more tweaks could make it better.

Both have 24 optical zoom so why are they different area sizes? Is that the sensor size?

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
It's amazing how much difference there is in the way the senors record the color and detail. I'd have to give the FZ40 the better IQ. The big fuzzy seems to make things a bit darker. But again many may like the "richer" darker look. I suppose a few more tweaks could make it better.

Both have 24 optical zoom so why are they different area sizes? Is that the sensor size?
LOL...I forgot to check the zoom I was at when I recorded the FZ100 photos while zooming Clint...I best guessed using the LCD on the FZ40...doesn't say a lot for my eyes doe it?...

For me...I don't know why I say that?...the FZ100 does certain shots better than the FZ35 or 40...OTOH the FZ35 & 40 does certain shots better than the FZ100...but the overall average keeper rate definitely goes to the FZ35 & 40....

They are all very good cameras...I think once we get past the learning curve we'll see some really nice photos out of the FZ40 and FZ100...

I'll put this way I can't keep my hands off of the FZ40 and FZ100...I was going through the FZ100 Manual last night and finally figured out how to lock the AF Tracking (Duh!)...so I can get the BIF photos when they do fly off...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:03 PM   #4
Super Moderator

To me I thought there was more detail in the FZ100 for this set. Though those observations are tempered by the obvious differences in metering between the 2. I also think the strong backlight coming through makes this a difficult shot to pull off with any camera. Maybe something with more consistent, yet still lower, light when you get a chance LT.

We are really making you work here with all our requests lol, but somehow I have a feeling you are enjoying it.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:18 PM   #5

LTZ-

Dustin is right. The heavy back lighting from that shuttered window with sunlight pouring around the edges caused a shift in how each of the cameras metered the scene.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:44 PM   #6

Didn't even cross my mind!...Very good observation Dustin and Sarah...Whats more dangerous than an amateur with a camera in his hands...an amateur with two cameras of course...lol...I'll use a consistent back ground I have the perfect room...I think I am learning more out of this than what folks are getting from it...lol...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:38 PM   #7

That is very important as well, LTZ-

We all learn and gain from the experience of shooting lots of shots with a variety of cameras.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:56 PM   #8

It was hard to believe those shots were high ISO and no flash! I thought the color and detail was really good from both cameras. In your hands. both Big Fuzzy and the FZ40 are living up to Panasonic's claims. It looks to me like they have a couple of winners,.....and we're the lucky ones that get to use them!

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:19 PM   #9

Jack they are good cameras it seems we jump the gun even on the ZS7 they jumped the gun to quick to slay it...

Lookin back a though at the FZ50...I took it out today and got some great shots of the kids playing in the pool...I even stuck the TC-E17ED on it and shot a few...it is an awesome camera and the IQ is phenomenal...real pleasure to hold it in my hands...if Panasonic would do a repeat of it with the 1.8 Sensor and a CMOS, it would knck the socks off of some DSLR's...especially with the same whistles and bells like the FZ100...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:55 PM   #10

LTZ40 -

I am pretty sure it was me that requested this. But, I was hoping for the same comparison between the FZ35 and 40 (I need to decide if I want to send the FZ35 back and get a FZ40). Would you be so kind to do that for me? It would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!
ftlee is offline   Reply With Quote