Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:17 AM   #11

I finally figured it out after I zoomed in close enough.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyaku View Post
I have a question for you LTZ470, since I don't see a lot of noise in those pictures, but I have in other reviews at ISO 800. In a real world low light situation performance say sitting in a dim lit restaurant with a few friends, would you trust ISO 800 to give you a good ambient picture with very low noise by an FZ-35 or would you use ISO 100 with a flash?
Depends on lighting and Shutter Speed if No Flash and the Shutter Speed can be achieved of 1/4 of a second or faster then the OIS will allow this only if the the "subjects don't move", this is the challenge with no flash as well as stabilizing the camera on anything that is available, and also depressing the shutter without "shaking the camera" technique...

so with that said for kids no flash indoors...no way or get frustrated trying...lol (mine can't quit talking for that long)...flash is only way to go...

adults in a dinner/party setting (Except certain adults that have had too many beverages of choice...lol) yes, you can do it without flash if executed as stated above...I use a white paper napkin/paper towel to diffuse the flash on the FZ35 as it is too harsh if too close...but the ZS7 flash being what it is, is perfect at the dinner table...

And yes ISO800 would be very acceptable FZ35 or FZ40 and I limit them to ISO800 Max...FZ100 it is not acceptable to me...so I limit it to ISO400 Max as well as the ZS7...but I have never had problems getting good photos from any of them in any situation so far...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:26 AM   #13

Sorry LTZ, but I disagree that the FZ40 is better. I think it's applying more sharpening, which makes the image appear clearer. However, the FZ35 exposes much better and the image has definitely more resolution. If you were to PP the two images, I'm almost 100% positive that the FZ35 will turn out better.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Sorry LTZ, but I disagree that the FZ40 is better. I think it's applying more sharpening, which makes the image appear clearer. However, the FZ35 exposes much better and the image has definitely more resolution. If you were to PP the two images, I'm almost 100% positive that the FZ35 will turn out better.
Thats the great thing about forums Tulio we can agree to disagree...lol..they both do some things better in certain areas...for me they are so close it doesn't sway one way or the oher...this photo really sold me I have never gotten a photo this great out of the FZ35...at this focal length...and the FZ40 is very sharp at max zoom which is a big in favor of...

Sure would be nice to understand Panasonic's thought process on the FZ40 and the FZ100 software resolving? That could help explain a lot...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:46 PM   #15

Thank you for your answer LTZ470.

1 more question.. the room how you set it.. is this the best way to find out how you like your settings in the camera i.e. saturation +1 or +2, contrast +0 or +1 etc or you prefer to do outdoor pictures?
Jyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyaku View Post
Thank you for your answer LTZ470.

1 more question.. the room how you set it.. is this the best way to find out how you like your settings in the camera i.e. saturation +1 or +2, contrast +0 or +1 etc or you prefer to do outdoor pictures?
Probably the easiest way...I love it outside, just easier to do this with access to a computer...so this was a mock-up to git'r done...with a lot of dark areas it gives plenty of area for noise to produce and clarify between the two cameras, also the colored objects give something to measure how they each saturate and produce colors, then also for IQ...

Like I stated before, I am just an Amateur Enthusiast with emphasis on the Amateur...just having fun and getting a few photos along the way...

I am 'bout done with comparisions though...lol...I am going to take some photos!!!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
And is that a Ball Stomp'r for the Blue Heeler???
I hadn't heard of a "ball stomp'r" before so did a google search. LOL! Let's just say some interesting links came up! Thank goodness one of them included "dog toy"!
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Like I stated before, I am just an Amateur Enthusiast with emphasis on the Amateur...just having fun and getting a few photos along the way...

I am 'bout done with comparisions though...lol...I am going to take some photos!!!
I think you have done a fantastic job with all of your numerous comparisons and fulfilling individual requests etc.

I look forward to seeing what you post in future, especially from the FZ100. You have got some great shots from it, I can only try to do so well! I don't know that I have the patience, time, skill to do all the tweaking to take the same shot with 3 or 4 different settings.

Anyway, definitely time for you to get out there and take the shots you want to take!
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
...this photo really sold me I have never gotten a photo this great out of the FZ35......
Indeed it's a great photo. Not only sharp but well exposed and saturated.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncvrIslandGirl View Post
I hadn't heard of a "ball stomp'r" before so did a google search. LOL! Let's just say some interesting links came up! Thank goodness one of them included "dog toy"!
LOL...we'll take your word on that...