Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:51 AM   #11

Clint I would definitely give te AF Flower Macro Mode a shot also...I tried it and I didn't keep any of the shots, but that doesn't mean it's bad...

Did you try Standard and -1/3 or -2/3 EV? The AF Macro setting switch on the barrel for my understanding will tell the camera to focus on whatever is closest to the lens...which should be the macro subject...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:09 AM   #12

I usually use the Creative macro mode since you can choose the DOF. I'll go back and give the flower macro mode a try and see if that's any different.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
How would you do the top half only?
In Picasa, select the image you wish to edit. Click on the Effects tab. Choose Graduated Tint. A green cross will appear at the center of your picture. Click on it and move it up or down, left/right depending on the area of the image that you want to be affected. Move the Shade sliding bar to the right to increase color saturation. The Feather slide dictates how smooth the transition will be between the edited and unedited areas. Once you are satisfied with the results, click Apply. If you want to change the tone of the sky for instance, then click on the Pick Color box and move the mouse around until you find the tone of blue (or any other color) you want the sky to have. When you do, click on it to select that color. It will take you back to the previous screen. Click Apply to save the changes.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:51 PM   #14

Thanks - I thought that might be it. I haven't experimented too much with that effect.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:07 PM   #15

Nice shots..
anthony_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:48 AM   #16

Hi LTZ470 ... no offence meant, but do you have more to teach about your beautiful photos with your line "Hope and Pray I don't mislead anyone...lol..."? :-)
david123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by david123 View Post
Hi LTZ470 ... no offence meant, but do you have more to teach about your beautiful photos with your line "Hope and Pray I don't mislead anyone...lol..."? :-)
No sorry this was a thread that happened sometime back where another poster here was accusing me of misleading folks...after I made a mistake on a camera focusing issue...it turned out the camera couldn't even AF the way I was utilising it...lol...so for us P&S crowd it was a useless setup...he didn't see it that way...if I have to manual focus a camera it won't be in my stable very long...

Cameras are evaluated in different manners by different folks...if I post it as a comparision thats what it will be, which camera can be fine tuned to give the best possible photo with good IQ...and the maximum zoom it can reach with good IQ...the best possible Macro it can record with good IQ...

Other people think you should try and set ALL of the cameras as close as you can to the same settings? Then compare them?

Go figure...doesn't tell me anything about what each individual camera is capable of when finely adjusted/tuned to the photos I like to take...thats my goal when choosing a camera for my Hike, Bike, ATV Ride, Outdoor Sports, or Traveling...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:28 AM   #18

I see ... thanks for your reply.
david123 is offline   Reply With Quote