Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
You sound exactly like me from yesterday! I also just received my FZ35 and I'm totally blown away! What a great camera. Never would have expected this kind of result from a $300 camera.
I am also looking for a FZ35. Would you care to offer where you bought yours from?

Thanks in advance
Mathwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:24 AM   #12

Mathwiz, I got mine a month ago through Amazon when the price was $299. It's gone up quite a bit since then ($370?). It's being phased out, replaced by FZ40 and supply is getting low, I think. People are having good luck with the FZ40 and FZ100, if you read through this forum, albeit they cost more. If you really want the fz35, you may be able to find a good used one on Amazon (returnable).
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by david123 View Post
I have noticed many posting about their FZ35 coming in shipment ...
curious about the camera packing and its being subjected to transport handling, do they not arrive with some kinds of damage.
Or are they talking about cameras hand-delivered in their locality (not from overseas)?
I have inquired this morning, FZ35 out of stock in many shops, Where available, are now quoted S$600 iso S$529 from a month ago. So overseas order may be my only option - but shipment/handling risk?

In the US, Amazon.com is usually the cheapest, and they have this camera for about $370. I don't know about their international purchase and shipping policies but they are pretty good about returns if you have trouble.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:38 PM   #14

I just ordered a FZ35 from B&H for $299. The web site says 7-14 days until in stock, but I have no problem with the wait as long as it is a new product. From what I have witnessed with B&H, this should not be an issue as their reputation is excellent in all aspects of their business. I am curious if these cameras from Panasonic's angle are ones that have been returned and have been refurbished, if they have actually made another run, or old stock. I hope they are a new production run as they should have any potential issues resolved including firmware releases.

Anyway, after a lot of diligent research, I believe this is the one to get.

I sure hope so as I am moving away from some really nice DSLR gear to become more mobile in my photography.
Mathwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:19 PM   #15

excellent!!!