Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:51 PM   #1

Default FZ100 Battery in the US?

Hi guys,

So I ordered my FZ100 last night, it should be here tomorrow morning (US$ 448 on Amazon). Now I'm looking for an extra battery. I'll use the camera for a trip, and I usually take around 1k pictures or so a day, so another battery is essential.

My problem is that I couldn't find a single store that has them available! I tried every online store I can imagine, and I even called Panasonic: nobody has them available! Panasonic even said 2-3 weeks of wait, which will screw me up!

The only place I could find was on ebay, one seller sends them from Japan, but seem to be quite expensive (90+ dollars)..

Also, are there any aftermarket batteries like this one? Has anybody used them?

Thanks guys!
ESCOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:03 PM   #2

These are "chipped" batteries so you won't get a "counterfeit" battery - at least that's Panasonic's statement.

Here's the lowest price I've found so far but they aren't in stock yet.
http://www.videodirect.com/Merchant2...ode=DIGCPWRACC

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:05 PM   #3

Oh that sucks. If you're going to lock everybody else from copying your battery then at least have them for sale!

I called the guy at videodirect earlier today, he has no idea when these batteries will arrive... I hope he receives them in the next week and a half! Otherwise I'll have to walk around with the charger and stop every once in a while..
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:19 PM   #4

This happened (to me) with Pany once before. (I think it might have been FZ7.) It was a really long time before Panny batteries were made available (like were talking 6 months).

PS: Yes it was FZ7. When it first came out, people werent sure if it required chipped batteries. The battery number was slightly different than FZ5 and as a result there was quite a bit of speculation. To be safe I wanted the Panny battery & the ask was double. Because of unavailability, I ended going with generic, but all I remember, it was a long long time before any of the Pany batteries with the side number specified in the manual (and on Panny website) for that camera came available. (You're talking 6 mos min.) The only thing people could think of for the delay was that Panny was having trouble getting out the "new" chipped batteries.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:28 PM   #5

Funny how they don't have problems shipping batteries together with new cameras.. They'll sell you the camera, but won't tell you that the most basic thing you'll need to buy for it won't be available anywhere..

This is a huge deal for me, lets see how the next few days go, if nothing changes I guess I'll have to send the camera back and get a different one. Sucks.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:36 PM   #6

With the FZ35 you can use generic batteries - they are not chipped.

Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:38 PM   #7

You love the FZ35 don't you? I decided to go for the FZ100, more because its newer, so resale will/should be higher later on, than anything else..
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:58 PM   #8

Yes I do like it - I just wish they could blend the features together - I love the zoom, swivel LCD, and a few others settings but the CMOS sensor is causing a lot of frustration with me. I just can't seem to get the consistency I want. Provantage has the FZ100 on sale for $415.
The FZ35 still averaging around $300. I haven't given up yet on the FZ100. But I find myself having less fun with it trying to make it work for me when I should be having fun taking pictures.