Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:57 PM   #11

The answer is yes, they can and do.
http://bobsikora.smugmug.com/Photogr...37_vA66U-L.jpg

But can FZ35 do this?
http://previewofmyfz100.canalblog.co...100/index.html

One thing I can guarantee you that aint gonna happen enmass is people saying "I never will buy a new camera because they just arent as good as the old ones".
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:18 PM   #12

Actually sdromel when I was researching the G11 camera, everyone told me get a G10 2nd hand, its better.
Jyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:09 PM   #13

My phrasing (ie, use of adverb "enmass" - meaning together, in large crowds) was quite premeditated to allow for the exceptions (such as you).

Technology continues to advance and it is not realistic to believe that computers, cameras, cars, etc. will not continue to be improved in various ways and with the newer models being favored over the older.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:13 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyaku View Post
Actually sdromel when I was researching the G11 camera, everyone told me get a G10 2nd hand, its better.
i would disagree with that, UNLESS you are shooting at low ISO only. but anything above base iso, the g11 does better.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:26 PM   #15

Actually I was looking for low light quality conditions since I tend to do a lot of things at late night and outdoors on my vacations. But I guess I was given bad advice on another forum. Could very well be true.

Last edited by Jyaku; Sep 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:30 PM   #16

Jake-

The FZ-35 is capable of really excellent photos at ISO 800. Why not post some ISO 800 or ISO 1600 photos first before moving on to a Canon G-11 or different new camera.

Please post a photo like this:

http://anchorse.smugmug.com/Other/Pa...6_7E8jy-X3.jpg

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:36 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyaku View Post
Actually I was looking for low light quality conditions since I tend to do a lot of things at late night and outdoors on my vacations. But I guess I was given bad advice on another forum. Could very well be true.

yea, you were.

the g10 was a good camera for landscapes and such because of its high resolution, but the sensor was prone to more noise in low light conditions.

they decreased the megapixels in the g11 amongst other things that increased its performance at higher ISO. this makes it a better camera for low light conditions
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:36 PM   #18

Sarah I believe I've been misconstrued. I'm not in the market for a new camera. Your help has made me happy with my current one.

However when I was looking initially, my first choice was a G11, and people on another forum I spend a lot of time at, told me to get a G10 instead. I almost pulled the trigger till my friend with a T2i said there's no zoom and you will want zoom, so go look at FZ-35. And that's what I did and am happy.

In fact I hope I can replicate Andre's shots.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:56 AM   #19

That is a relief to hear, Jake-

You are really coming along nicely and learning a lot. I just want to see that continue. So thank you for taking away some worries. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:39 PM   #20

Your question should be, if you had the FZ40, FZ100 or some other really good camera, could you still take spectacular pictures like these? Why would your answer be anything other than a resounding yes?
wae5 is offline   Reply With Quote