Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:17 PM   #1

Default FZ40 and FZ100 are capable of pictures as these?

I love my FZ35 but it would like to correct some things in her, my main complaints are limited burst of 3 pictures, not to get pictures of birds in flight and it is clear would like other zoom, however before you change her would like if the successors are capable of pictures as these.

Mosca miudinha por André Adeodato, no Flickr

Bicho-Pau (Gafanhoto-de-Jurema) por André Adeodato, no Flickr

Mosca por André Adeodato, no Flickr

Pula-Pula, Golden-crowned Warbler (Basileuterus culicivorus) por André Adeodato, no Flickr

Beija-Flor-Rabo-Branco-Acanelado por André Adeodato, no Flickr

Azulão, Ultramarine Grosbeak (Cyanoloxia brissonii) por André Adeodato, no Flickr

Cobra-Cipó por André Adeodato, no Flickr

Cobra Verde por André Adeodato, no Flickr
Andre Adeodato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:06 AM   #2

Amazing Photos, crisp & clear.
Thanks for sharing.
NileLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:13 AM   #3

You really made me confused with your outstanding photos,when I was about to get FZ35 I know that Panasonic will soon introduce 2 new models FZ40 & FZ100 so I waited. Yesterday I decided to order the FZ40, when I saw your photos you made me rethink again.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Andre.

really nice photographs. its obvious you are a talented photographer with your FZ35. From everything I have seen, I have not seen a big difference in image quality between the FZ35 and FZ40. I think anything you can do with your FZ35 you will be able to do with the FZ40 as well, just gives you a longer zoom range to work with and a few other upgrades.

Nitelilly
the quality of these photographs has everything to do with the photographer. i can show you great photos from hundreds of camera models, this should not impact your camera decision. anything you could do with the fz35 you can do with the fz40 as well, and you have a longer zoom to work with.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
Andre.

really nice photographs. its obvious you are a talented photographer with your FZ35. From everything I have seen, I have not seen a big difference in image quality between the FZ35 and FZ40. I think anything you can do with your FZ35 you will be able to do with the FZ40 as well, just gives you a longer zoom range to work with and a few other upgrades.

Nitelilly
the quality of these photographs has everything to do with the photographer. i can show you great photos from hundreds of camera models, this should not impact your camera decision. anything you could do with the fz35 you can do with the fz40 as well, and you have a longer zoom to work with.
Could not agree more.
joe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:50 AM   #6

Andre do you use any filter or any other equipment to augment your camera?

And what settings in camera do you use? RAW/ JPEG? Saturation/ contrast/ sharpness/ noise reduction settings?

Thanks a lot if you're able to reply.
Jyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileLily View Post
You really made me confused with your outstanding photos,when I was about to get FZ35 I know that Panasonic will soon introduce 2 new models FZ40 & FZ100 so I waited. Yesterday I decided to order the FZ40, when I saw your photos you made me rethink again.

My intention was not to bring questions to buyers of new FZS (40 and 100), I am even a potential buyer of one of them, you have to keep in mind that these pictures have gone through PP. My FZ35 is already sold and I am also very biased to buy the FZ40 like you, but I still have small doubts. I think you should be happy with the FZ40, it brings new features and enhancements not found with the FZ35 difference in image quality imperceptible to most, so I'm not sure about the FZ100. I believe that doubt falls more about who you want to replace older models, not for who will buy his first camera

Last edited by Andre Adeodato; Sep 30, 2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:39 AM   #8

Thank you Hards80 & Andre for your words.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyaku View Post
Andre do you use any filter or any other equipment to augment your camera?

And what settings in camera do you use? RAW/ JPEG? Saturation/ contrast/ sharpness/ noise reduction settings?

Thanks a lot if you're able to reply.

Sorry can not answer at the moment because I'm leaving for work, later I will make a little guide to try to help him, I know how it is sometimes difficult to get right with the many options and situations.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
Andre.

Nitelilly

Yes, thank you for that. I've had my fz100 for about a month now, still learning. However, I am now having anxiety over it b/c I have had one of the peculiar "splotchy" images referred to in another post. I've taken about 500 pics so far, this has happened only once, but I'm going on major trip in 2 weeks so no time to consider sending it for service. I will be heartbroken if this becomes a real problem on my trip...... My game plan is to continue to take lots of photos before I go and if it happens again to take it back to the shop and see what they can do for me, service/follow up there so far has been excellent.
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote