Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:21 PM   #41

Yesterday there was a music concert here in down town Toronto and I took a couple of pics with my SX30... enjoy...
Attached Images

VARAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:59 AM   #42

Varap-

Number 1 needs some post processing. The EXIF data has been stripped off of number 2. What Iso setting did you actually use on #2??

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:50 PM   #43

Love the color accent...can't wait to try it out...got the S95 and the SX30IS both waiting for action!...going to take both on a cruise 1st week in November should get some great shots...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:43 PM   #44

After reading too many reviews and see multiple images and films, I choosed SX30IS. I read a lot, but I finally chose after seeing pictures and movies.

FZ35 is a good option too. But I think its recent market price is excessive.

SX30 advantages (for my use): better image quality overall, better image and movie at high ISO, cheaper and easier to find accessories (Brazil).

FZ100 advantages: movie full HD (i dont need it), impressive continuos shotting (I dont need it), better LCD, Raw (I dont need it).

I think FZ100 is recommended for users who need the benefits of MOS sensor and did not care much about picture quality, especialy at high ISO.

High ISO is something not very good at any superzoom, but I evaluated the SX30 will offer at least what I need.

I can only to have a single camera with a single lens that allows me to shoot everything (babies or lions ) in light or dark environments, with good quality (not professional quality) and full manual control option. I chose the set offered in SX30.

Well, I hope I have made the right choice for my needs.

Last edited by _Phantom_; Oct 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM.
_Phantom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:26 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Varap-

Number 1 needs some post processing. The EXIF data has been stripped off of number 2. What Iso setting did you actually use on #2??

Sarah Joyce
I don't know if I lost it in the resizing (ideally I shouldn't).
But the one I have in my laptop is holding the EXIF information. I resized the same one and uploaded. It reads, ISO 200, Shutter Speed 6.6, Aperture 5.06 & F number f/5.8.
VARAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:37 AM   #46

Thanks Varap-

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote