Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:19 AM   #11

Thanks for the link i ll check it though in around one week sellers like B&H or Vanns and J&R will have it as new for the same price 299$, do you think i should wait?
geoper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:25 AM   #12

Sure. Many people end up spending much more just because they want it NOW. If you are not desperate and can wait, then do. For many months I wanted to buy the Lumix 20mm lens. Its price was fluctuating between $389-$399. Then it dropped to $350 (and I bought one). Today, its $333. I returned mine because I was not as impressed with it as the rest of the photography world is.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:29 AM   #13

well i want to have it like now but i will wait since its not so long from now , thanks for your replies and help ! On which camera did you use the lens ?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:59 AM   #14

On the G1 and EPL1. On the G1 it worked OK but it made the EPL1 over expose big time in high contrast or bright conditions (I believe there's a bit of incompatibility betwen the body and the lens, enough to cause the problem). The EPL1 has a good dynamic range but with the 20mm I had to knock the exposure down by at least -0.7 (in most cases by -1.0 or even -1.3) in order to preserve the highlights. As a result, images were very very dark. The 20mm on the EPL1 was good in low light situations or cloudy days.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:10 PM   #15

Wow nice both cameras must be great, and i can see how these cameras need a lot of searching and testing to find the results u seek.