Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:20 AM   #1

Default Fz35 out of stock

Hi i was searching for a Fz35 and by the time i was going to buy it it went out of stock , now i am searching every store and the trusted sellers have it out of stock saying that its going to be available in 1 to 2 weeks. Does anyone have any information on this ? Like is there going to be some upgrade on the firmware or something or its the same, why did they just stop it like that ?
Thanks in advance
geoper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:33 AM   #2

I think they were expecting the FZ40 to take over much more decisively than it did. In the event, early worries over the FZ40 image quality meant people stuck with the tried and tested FZ35/38 and so as a result the stock has run out.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:39 AM   #3

Yeah i thought about the fz40 too people didnt prefer it over fz35 , i guess thats why they increased fz35s price at some point and now its out of stock, i hope its available soon so that i can purchase it and start taking some photos !!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:10 PM   #4

I just bought one on B&H for $299. (Good price) True enough I have to wait a week or two but at least there was an option to make a purchase. Hopefully Panasonic is making a new run on these and they will be the latest and greatest version.
Mathwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:04 PM   #5

Oh I wouldnt bet on that. A simple firmware change could add the requirement for the proprietary battery. (All along it was speculated that Pany might eventually do this with FZ35/38.)

Also I wouldnt get too excited about an out of issue camera. It is still a small sensor camera & not the end all & be all of cameras.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=36729152

In many ways what is happening reminds me of the Oly C2100. The same type desirability occurred after they were discontinued. It became a cult camera & someone was buying each & every one that came up for sale on eBay. It was believed that no camera in its class could match it. I still have my C2100, but effectivey never use it. My FZ7 is so much more preferred.

I do have to admit though, there still are some things the C2100 seems to be unbeatable in its class. Great for certain macros & that realtively larger 2MP CCD does quite well (thank you) in low lighting (hint hint Pany).
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdromel View Post
Also I wouldnt get too excited about an out of issue camera. It is still a small sensor camera & not the end all & be all of cameras.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=36729152
Rest assured, I am not excited. I'm merely purchasing a camera. A camera I believe to be one that I can take some good photo's with. As for the thread you posted, I've already responded to it, yet for some uncanny reason, I chose not to cancel my order.

Camera's are like automobile tires. YMMV
Mathwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:18 AM   #7

I searched for a long time now and i decided on taking the fz35 i started from the canon powershot sx210 is and i kept looking for something that would have the specifications i wanted , after fujifilm and others i decided to buy this but now its out of stock I want to start taking better photos and gain my way in amateur photography we ll see how it works !! Currently i am waiting for the new shipment !
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:55 AM   #8

More and more I see good quality images from the FZ40 as people learn how to get the most out of it. Considering it offers some extra zoom over the FZ35, I'd give it a shot.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:10 AM   #9

I was thinking about the fz40, currently its around 30 or 40 dollars more, also some people were complaining about the noise since it fits more megapixels in a same size censor, that was my main concern and plus it must have more barrel distortion while zooming. Though it has better battery life and some extras. I just thought of going for the tested old one :P of course as a beginner i wouldnt understand the difference between them until later.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:16 AM   #10

Amazon has a whole bunch FZ35s under "used" starting at $295. For $351 you get an open box sold by Amazon from their Warehouse deals. I'd buy from one of their sellers before I go to eBay. They will assist you in case you have any problem with the seller.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote