Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:01 AM   #1

Default Me and my dream to have a FZ100

I sold my thinking in the new FZ100 FZ35, all the marketing was a dream for me, rotating LCD with 460k, 11fps, 24x, etc, etc, etc, but then came the first photos and the dream turned into disappointment, not to say bad pictures ridiculous compared excellent but with flaws FZ35.

I expected at least the same quality of image, then said it was because of the firmware 0.4 pre-production, came the 1.0 firmware and new hopes arose, I was excited, Panasonic is not known for updating the firmware of their cameras resolved bet on the FZ100, but the firmware was no miracle, the camera was still with the poor quality.

Many photos have been posted here but in general always size photos up to 1600 wide, which is how far the camera proves to be effective, most of it is just disappointment, and the pictures continue to arrive and when reduced in size as a way to justify one wrong purchase, view over 1600 photos clearly show the lack of quality FZ100. I know most of us do not print in large sizes, and exhibitions are not only post pictures on the web at small sizes, but one can not simply accept such limiting conditions, is like buying a Ferrari to take a walk around the block.

Rumors of failures in the picture and possibly a new firmware update, I almost buy the camera to boost the price shoot scared because now all the camera problems would be solved, and would be a burst of buying this new model, I was sure that something new firmware 1.1 that would change everything in the camera, beautiful pictures came out of it finally would have the camera in the hands of dreams, but it fixed the bug of the shadows and nothing else.

Everyone around me knows how I want that camera, but rest assured I have is that she is fickle, sometimes we see reasonable pictures and other dire, not to trust something, photo record is unique moment, buy a camera, go for a walk and get back in the uncertainty that that rare bird, that pose, that the act was good or only just turned a bunch of pixels is undefined affliction too much for many of us.

I wanted to have the power to 11fps on my catch birds but I'm afraid of getting only 11 disappointing, really wanted to be wrong about this, someone wanted me to prove the contrary, I am buying another so as to avoid an FZ35 or FZ40 (which is also lower), I still have hopes on FZ100.

I live in Brazil and here things are not so easy, a camera for $ 400 can cost 3x more if bought in official shops, also mostly do not have the same policy of testing and return that you are there, so that my dilemma.
Andre Adeodato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:42 PM   #2

Andre, I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly, but I think you want to move up to the FZ100 but not convinced of it's performance? Well, I have seen your post in the past where you had beautiful images from your FZ35. So why don't you just stay with the FZ35 for now? Panasonic is releasing new models all the time, and I'm sure they will come out with a new model soon that meets all your expectations.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:20 AM   #3

Saly, FZ100 has all the features that meet my expectations except for image quality, I shoot birds and more zoom and 11fps are always welcome, also make movies of birds, sometimes I make movies for a long time and in the end got a big movie with few seconds of appearance of the bird, edit video on the camera itself is very useful to reclaim space on the card, movable LCD is a great idea too. As you can see the FZ100 would be perfect for me if it had at least the same picture quality of FZ35, I'm thinking that the FZ40 is also lower but not quite.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:49 AM   #4

andre, have you tried changing the colour/contrast/sharpness/NR settings ?
flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:46 PM   #5

Well cant u buy one from the U.S. ? A Fz100 is a lot more expensive than an Fz35 or Fz40 which are in the same price range , but it has more features which are not essential they are kind of extras to me and i think it would be the same as Fz40. I am going to buy a fz35 soon because i liked the features it has and it has everything that i was asking from a camera plus extras , i dont need any more for now. The only thing you want to consider is your needs and how the model fulfills them.
geoper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:00 PM   #6

[QUOTE = flyhigh; 1161029] andre, vocÍ jŠ tentou mudar a cor / contraste / nitidez / NR [/ QUOTE]?

I still do not have the FZ100 or FZ40, FZ35 and am seeing my in doubt about what to buy.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:29 AM   #7

Buy the camera that has the specifications you require. If you're shooting 11 fps then most likely this is not in the dark (or at low light) so an FZ100 should be OK (after all, it auto focuses and is able to zoom in movie mode).

The issue though that I believe Im seeing is that the new line of what are supposed to be P&S are becoming so complex (with bells, whistles & options) that they are evolving beyond P&S (mini DSLR like instead). More so than perhaps the average person (ie, non-enthusiast) is willing to put up with to learn & master (eg, it takes a bit of skill to squeeze a good low light PIX out of a a high megapixel small sensor camera - have to really work at it and use manual mode with FZ7).

Last edited by sdromel; Nov 2, 2010 at 1:34 AM.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote