Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:52 AM   #11
Super Moderator

these look really great LT, the detail is quite nice with that conversion lens. and you did well in keeping the cam steady, but i do agree about -1/3 or so would make them pop a little more. #1 and #10 are a couple of the better butterfly shots I have seen in a while. nice series.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Thanks for all the kind comments and the Fireman Clock Clint...my 5 yr old grabbed it as soon as I opened it up...lol...it's beautiful...

As far as the G1 or G2 no I haven't Clint...but I have saw excellent shots from these cameras and everyone loves them? Had me wondering also, but my stable is full for now...lol...
Glad he enjoyed it. A micro 4/3rds may be my next endeavor. Still reading and gathering info.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
these look really great LT, the detail is quite nice with that conversion lens. and you did well in keeping the cam steady, but i do agree about -1/3 or so would make them pop a little more. #1 and #10 are a couple of the better butterfly shots I have seen in a while. nice series.
Thanks for the kind words Dustin...I am slowly learning, but it seems I wait until I get the shots to apply the learning...lol...

I am think the OIS on the FZ series is one of the best IS systems around...I thought the Canon IS on the SX30 would be much better, but it's not better, and I wondering if it as good...it's looks more steady in the EVF, but in reality it didn't perform as well? thats is what seems to be giving the soft shots on the SX30...I am still confused by it's performance? with a CCD it should be sharper? even at long focal lengths?
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
BUT keep the camera rock steady when taking the shot...
...But, how can you keep the BEE steady...??? Do you nail them, or better glue them? I always end up with a moving from the wind flower, while the bee is... gone most of the times...alexander
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibaris View Post
...But, how can you keep the BEE steady...??? Do you nail them, or better glue them? I always end up with a moving from the wind flower, while the bee is... gone most of the times...alexander

Kibaris - I think it just takes a LOT of patience. Steady the camera and focus, repeat over and over until one bee decides to stay on a flower one second longer..... Or, you could pick one flower and set up and wait for a bee to come. Either way, it takes many tries.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:49 AM   #16

Enjoying your photos. I recently upgraded from the FZ28 to the FZ40 and still trying to figure out how best to do macro. I don't have the adapter and have only attached a 52mm macro filter directly to the lens barrel or used the snap on Raynox macro/micro filters. I have a pic to post soon. Is there an advantage to using the adapter to attach macro filters?

Thanks,
Beth
bethellenagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:45 PM   #17

Stunning!!!!!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:38 AM   #18

Marvelous captures as always LTZ. You make a 40 proud :P

In a relationship with a Panasonic Fz40
Hama Macro Filters (+1, +2, +4)

flickr
facebook
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote