Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:00 AM   #1

Default need suggestion reg. FZ35 settings..

Pl.. look at the post i shared with you regarding saturation,contrast,sharpness settings & its usage.. but gone unnoticed..perhaps..thanks again..
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...experts-2.html
(My question to all of you is how to make picture more vibrant and colourful specially reg. Sharpness,contrast,noise red.& saturation ..any comment and guidance please..? i generally take picture in 3MP (ez) does it makes any difference to the outcome..? )
thank you all for the support..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:06 AM   #2

Jim - it's a lot of trial and error for me. I would definitely recommend staying away from EZ, although it's better than digital zoom, 3MP is still pretty low. I typically have my camera set to saturation +1, contrast +1, sharpness +1, noise reduction -1. I usually start with ISO 100 and adjust depending on how my shots come out. I rarely use higher than ISO 400. I also toggle between spot and center weighted metering. I also found that dark pink is the hardest color to capture, for some reason.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:09 AM   #3

thank you saly..you have done a great help..thanks...again..!! i will dafinately try these settings..
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:48 AM   #4

Jim, as I said, it's a lot of trial and error. I try different settings and often take 10 to 15 shots of one subject to see what comes out best.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:52 AM   #5

Jim you can also try the auto bracketing on the P setting, always works for me in difficult situations. Read up on it and it becomes second nature after a while

Pat
Coongoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:06 PM   #6

Settings are a matter of personal taste. Testing is free (well, sort of). Make changes to the settings and shoot. Then, upload the images, select your favorites and check the EXIF data to see how the camera was set. Then keep those settings. No one better than you to decide whether saturation should be 0, +2 or -1, etc. Some folks like well saturated images. I prefer more natural looking. So, don't be afraid to make changes to your camera settings. In the old days, it was a pain doing that because you'd have to carry a little notebook and write down the settings for each picture taken. The EXIF data eliminates all that.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:46 AM   #7

thank you all of you..for reply..! concentrate more on auto bracketing and see how it comes out for me..yes, Tullio, its a good option to upload the picture to see different EXIF data to pick the best one out of it..thanks for providing the different ideas..