Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:54 PM   #1

Default FZ40 Seems Slow

Tried out the FZ40 at Fry's today. Couldnt get a sharp PIX indoors. Also, the camera is really slow compared to my FZ7. It is slow in writing PIXes to memory (tried both P & IA modes) & slow in response to putting up PIXes to view. So far very disappointing and bothersome.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:50 AM   #2

I've not got anything to compare with, but I love the FZ40. One thing that could make a difference is the speed of the SD card?

Sony NEX-5, Panasonic fz40
BackyardPermaculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:01 AM   #3

The display camera had no card installed & was using internal/onboard memory. Initially it was set at 14mp (ie, the maximum), but I reset the resolution to 3mp.

I really would like to try the camera. Once in a while it goes on sale there for $299 (typically priced at $319). I like the idea of the thumb wheel for control of things like DOF.

Maybe it will be my Christmas present, but I do need a decent widescreen monitor too.

In any event, thanks or your input. I see that you posted a nice close up (ie, Still Life with FZ40). Looks good.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote