Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 28, 2003, 1:24 PM   #11

For the record, I would never take a picture of a minor with the intention of profiting from it.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrmseKpr
For the record, I would never take a picture of a minor with the intention of profiting from it.
I'm sorry -- I didn't mean to implyl anything perverted with my reply. I just wanted to emphasize that there are a lot of paranoid parents out there (me included).

I would definitely take a picture of a minor with the intention of profitting from it, but I would also get parental permission. When I had my Sony Mavica FD91, I took some really cute pics of a little girl at an art show in a little princess dress. I showed her mom the pictures, and asked if she minded me taking them. She was a little distrubed by it (even though I was there with my entire family -- not like single pervert sneaking around or anything), so I quickly reassured her that everything was fine, popped out the floppy disk, and gave it to her, telling her to enjoy the pictures and have a good day. I understand parental paranoia completely.
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 7:17 AM   #13

Default no longer about copyrights

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffZeeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrmseKpr
I'm sorry -- I didn't mean to implyl anything perverted with my reply. I just wanted to emphasize that there are a lot of paranoid parents out there (me included).

I would definitely take a picture of a minor with the intention of profitting from it, but I would also get parental permission.
Apology accepted And let me ellaborate a little on my post. I would take a picture of a minor in the right situation and if I can profit on it, sure! And of course I would get permission. For Christmas my sister got me a book (can't remember title off-hand, don't have it handy) that has all the legal forms a photographer would need all on CD-ROM. The book also includes a release form.

I too am a paranoid parent. When my son was born I knew that all the relatives would want to see pictures, but I was extremly hesitant on posting the pictures on the Net. Then I got an album at Ofoto and required a password for people to view the pix, but then found out that many of my computer illiterate family members were confused on what to do and didn't know how to go about registering for a p/w and viewing pix, etc... So, I ended up installing a copy of Gallery on my hosting account and put the pix up there for all the world to see. I did however register my domain contact info with a proxy, so if you do a whois on my domain you see the proxy's address and not my personal info!

For a time I was interested in going to the local youth league or high school and shooting pix of the events (with the coach's or athletic director's permission) and selling pix to the parents of their kids in action. I decided against that, just because I don't have the time to put in on doing that! When you have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 7 month old, there just isn't any time to do anything any more! Maybe when they are older and involved in the youth league themselves, then that would be a different story.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote