Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:35 PM   #1

Default FZ35 take it with you Small Ripoffs Holster

I had Ripoffs make me a holster for the FZ35 and thought I would share it with everyone that likes to carry the FZ35 on hikes/bikes/daytrips without all the "excess jewelry" (Camera Bags, Etc)...I am having them make me a few more and the next ones will have an SD Card pouch under the flap and an extra battery pocket on the rear facing side out of expandable fishnet mesh so the battery will be snug and whn not inside the expandable mesh will not protrude from the holster...it is very small and you have to roll the camera into it and it works like a champ...they got it right on the first one...
I like it because it is discreet for theaters, dinner's, etc...and clips on ad off my belt quickly, but their belt clip is VERY secure...they also will install a belt loop which is even more discreet...

Just took it on a 7 day Disney Cruise and tested it on the beach, hiking, shopping, around the ship...worked great and really makes the FZ35 a "take-a-long" camera now as sometimes I like to have it instead of the ZS7 or the S95

Mod's can delete if they feel this is out of line...I own 3 FZ35's, 2 ZS7's, FZ50, FZ40, FZ100 along with some Canons...so yes I am a die hard Panasonic FZ enthusiast and like to share my findings with others...I could care less about monetary endorsements...and I do own at least another 20 Ripoffs items, Manfrotto, thinkTank, Zing, M-Rock, etc...

LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:36 AM   #2

So, in addition to what they show on their website, they will customize a bag for you? Did you go through their website or did you go through one of their distributors? I have to check them out. And yes, you are a die hard!!
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:29 AM   #3

Yes, saly they will make you anything you want...I do buy a lot of the Ripoffs products from Filmtools there in LA...but anything custom you woul have to talk to them direct...these things are cheap for what you get most of them are $15...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 3:56 PM   #4

Looks like a great way to carry the camera!

Sony NEX-5, Panasonic fz40
BackyardPermaculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 3:07 AM   #5

Hello LTZ470, very interesting, did you order on a website ?
OVERSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:11 AM   #6

http://www.ripoffs.com/
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:25 AM   #7

Ripoffs is working on the FZ100 case also and making me another few FZ35 cases...the cases will have an exterior elastic or net battery pocket in the rear...also will have an additional SD Card pocket under the Full Flap...these are waterproof and fit on any belt up to 2" wide and also on the thinktank photo hip belts for accessories and camera bags...they will also make a belt loop in place of the belt clip if desired...
Great folks with a great product! Can't wait to get them and load my cameras on my thinktank belt and head out hiking...the FZ35 is so small and light in these holsters it is unbelievable if that is what you are looking for...

P.S. the FZ100 Case will also accept the FZ40 so we made it for the FZ100 and the FZ40 will fit easily inside I think...if not I'll have them make an FZ40 case to fit...

Why? "Because they work" for me and my lifestyle...can't say enough good about them...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:35 AM   #8

will be very happy to order one for my FZ35 .
great job .
OVERSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:52 PM   #9

To LTZ470, did Ripoffs give you a model number of the bag they made or do you have the spec's for the bag you had them make for your FZ35 ?
bigbuster885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:39 PM   #10

No BB885 they made it specially for the FZ35....