Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,487
Default FZ100 Seagulls

1

2

3

4

5

6
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

LTZ, amazingly sharp shots!. They are actually very pretty birds up close.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Clint501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Suwanee, Ga
Posts: 2,511
Default

These pictures remind me of the time my Dad was feeding seagulls french fries. They were getting closer and closer until he decided to grab one. It bite him on the hand and he let it go pretty fast. I was LMAO!!
__________________





Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,487
Default

They wouldn't get up close...these were all at 600mm then cropped...the one of the gull eating was at 844mm but was not cropped...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Clint501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Suwanee, Ga
Posts: 2,511
Default

If you want to try something that the kids (and you) might like - try "Bird Bill"

http://www.pbase.com/billko/bill_bird_in_hand

http://www.dxtreme.com/birdfeeding.htm

I got one and within a week I had chickadees and titmice (or titmouses????) eating out of my hand.
__________________





Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,487
Default

Great idea Clint!

And Saly thanks for the kind words!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
If you want to try something that the kids (and you) might like - try "Bird Bill"

http://www.pbase.com/billko/bill_bird_in_hand

http://www.dxtreme.com/birdfeeding.htm

I got one and within a week I had chickadees and titmice (or titmouses????) eating out of my hand.
This is such a great idea, and hilarious too! I was actually going to put my shirt on a coat hanger and leave it outside for a while, but I felt silly and never did it. This is better!
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 7:10 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,049
Default

LTZ470,

Excellent. Why didn't you spotmeter for focus on head/eyes

//T
__________________

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 1:33 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
LTZ470,

Excellent. Why didn't you spotmeter for focus on head/eyes

//T
Wished I had T...I got so involved with getting these shots while also taking photos of my children and the beach scene I lost my presence of mind on changing the camera settings and only switched between EZ Zoom settings...

That is a very good point and shows my lack of good skills...thanks for pointing that out!

The metering is so very important on the FZ100...I think I can do better than this off a Tripod...these were off a Monopod...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:52 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Wished I had T...I got so involved with getting these shots while also taking photos of my children and the beach scene I lost my presence of mind on changing the camera settings and only switched between EZ Zoom settings...

That is a very good point and shows my lack of good skills...thanks for pointing that out!

The metering is so very important on the FZ100...I think I can do better than this off a Tripod...these were off a Monopod...
Frankly LTZ, I think these shots look pretty darn good the way they are.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.