Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:41 PM   #1

Default Question for ZS7 or ZS3

Thanks to some very helpful input from a forum member, I bought a ZS7 last week. Pretty big deal for me since I had sworn I would never consider a non EVF/OVF camera again,....ever. I love Panasonic cameras but was a little weary of trudging through the hills on quail hunting trips with my FZ100 swinging around my neck.

Got out yesterday with the dogs and found the LCD to be completely satisfactory, even in bright sunlight. I also discovered that I could operate the camera completely with one hand, stills and videos, all with gloves on. I doubted this would work out when I saw how tiny the switches and controls are on the camera. I am very, very happy with this camera.

There is one minor problem that I'd like to fix. Sometimes, when looking at the LCD, I would get a bright reflection of my ugly face and have to look through it to see my subject. This was scary and I'm hoping for a fix.

Is there an anti reflective cover available for the LCD? Does it really work? I'd appreciate any help making this great little field camera even better.

Jack

Last edited by Setter Dog; Nov 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:10 PM   #2

I have never had any luck getting them on without getting dust underneath...wouldn't affect you too much any as I am the same with mine...it is a tool and I use it as such Jack...have also used mine with gloves on working on my truck and taking pictures of part numbers off the air bags and tie rod ends...lol..then you can zoom in on the computer and read them!

Jack a lot of folks use these on their Fishing Boat LCD's...I have never tried it...
http://www.nushield.com/
If that doesn't work a trip to the Plastic Surgeon could help...lol...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:35 PM   #3

About the plastic surgeon remedy,....I tried that. The surgeon responded that his ethics required that he NOT work on ancient ruins. He felt they should be left undisturbed, however unpleasant that might be.

Thanks again for your comments on the ZS7. I bought it on hope,...and it promises to be much better than expected. I plan to wear it out this bird season.

Jack

Last edited by Setter Dog; Nov 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:32 PM   #4

Same dog bit me Jack...Surgeon just laughed...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:46 PM   #5
LEK

I had the same problem and found the reflection very distracting. I bought the Boxwave antiglare protection for the LCD and I thought it helped tremendously. No more problems in sunlight. Here is the website:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...-protector.htm
LEK is offline   Reply With Quote