Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:38 PM   #1

Default Fz100 and LX5

Hi All

I have the FZ-100 and a FZ-20 I am thinking of adding the LX5 as a walk around snaper. I just don't know if it is worth the money for adding another camera. I believe the fz-100 is a good camera although I am still struggling with it. I have a lot to learn about it.I am by no means even an amature photographer at this point. I did like the specs on the LX5 as far as low light shots and to be able to use IA most of the time and get good quick shots. The price is what is holding me back, as I said I already purchased the FZ100 and I have seen some great shots with that also. I just have not been able to get them so far. So do you think the LX5 is a good investment. as I said my last camera was the FZ20 8 years ago maybe longer.
popellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:05 PM   #2

It would suit you well...If most of your shots are outdoors the ZS7 is a good choice for all around snapper...indoors either the LX5 or S95...I think the LX3 is better in iA though than the LX5 from the crops I saw? Thats another thought?

LX5 great glass short zoom lens caps painful
S95 decent zoom great glass fun no lens cap truly pocketable
ZS7 great glass excellent zoom no lens cap struggles low light excellent macros
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:41 PM   #3

Thanks LTZ470

I respect your opinion as I have seen some very nice shots using the FZ100 and the ZS7. Incredible images of both cameras.
I live In Pennsylvania it's winter here so there are very few sunny days the days are short and cold so most functions I go to are inside. After looking at some of the photos with the ZS7 I thought that might be the way to go since it is about $150.00 cheaper than the LX5.
The LX3 is only $10.00 cheaper right now at Amazon for $389.00

The size of the ZS7 is a little smaller being 4.07" x 2.35" x 1.28 compared to the LX5 at 4.32" x 2.58" x 1.69" The thickness of the LX5 may keep me from putting it in a shirt pocket. I just figured on using my FZ-100 for outdoor and creative shooting and something else for quick snap shots indoors hopefully without flash.
Sorry I tend to babble when I can't make up my mind.
popellis is offline   Reply With Quote