Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim007 View Post
Hmmm.. you are right Clint..thats a mistake i am doing by adding the "br"..at wrong place..corrected my self..thanks for drawing my attantion..Clint here are the processed image of the Dove using "i am feeling lucky."in picasa. hope it has improved pl.comment and guide..
& BTW that dotted bird is Asian Koel..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Koel
it lays its eggs in the nests of crows and other hosts, who raise its young..never builds its own nest..!! quite interesting..if someone(female) has a sweet voice then its called "Kokila" a sanskrit word derieved from Koel..which has a very sweet voice..!!
thanks all of you..for giving me a time ..you all are the main source of encouragement to someone novice like me..!!
Thank you all..and please continue to pay attantion to my post & guide me further..
They look good - I find that I often use the "Lucky" button in Picasa - it seems to add just the right amount of brightness in most cases.

I never knew doves laid eggs in other nest. We have a bird here called a Cowbird and it does the same thing. The cowbird chicks knock the other chicks out of the nest but the mother bird doesn't know the difference.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Hmmm.. you are right Clint..thats a mistake i am doing by adding the "br"..at wrong place..corrected my self..thanks for drawing my attantion..Clint here are the processed image of the Dove using "i am feeling lucky."in picasa. hope it has improved pl.comment and guide..
& BTW that dotted bird is Asian Koel..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Koel
it lays its eggs in the nests of crows and other hosts, who raise its young..never builds its own nest..!! quite interesting..if someone(female) has a sweet voice then its called "Kokila" a sanskrit word derieved from Koel..which has a very sweet voice..!!
thanks all of you..for giving me a time ..you all are the main source of encouragement to someone novice like me..!!
Thank you all..and please continue to pay attantion to my post & guide me further..
This second to last shot of the dove is really nice! So, the spotted bird is called a Koel, huh? Thanks for finding out! Pretty, but lazy bird, I see.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:40 AM   #13

just to compare the "normal" image (without PP),using picasa's autofix, with AutoHDR software processed image , allow me to post two images which i shared with you in my earlier post in this thread.. for your comments..I hope you may find it intersting..!! Thank you Martin..Thank you friends..
Name:  canon-41 008_HDR.jpg
Views: 3195
Size:  152.3 KB
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:12 PM   #14

Quote:
just to compare the "normal" image (without PP),using picasa's autofix, with AutoHDR software processed image , allow me to post two images which i shared with you in my earlier post in this thread.. for your comments..I hope you may find it intersting..!! Thank you Martin..Thank you friends..
Attachment 167714
Is this HDR processed? If so, I'm impressed. I usually don't like HDR process because the images tend to look to unnatural. This one is very nice.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:43 AM   #15

yes,it is, posted previously without any PP,second one using picasa, and this one is with HDR..another example..
Name:  canon-41 009_HDR.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  148.8 KB
Name:  canon-4 007_HDR.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  213.2 KB
thanks saly..hope you have found it more intersting..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:58 AM   #16

Wow, looks great. I have to check out HDR.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:08 PM   #17

I can see the HDR effect on the 1st picture more than the 2nd. The shadow produced by the birds head on its body is almost all gone (to me, that's not how our eyes see things, reason why, like Saly, I'm not fond of HDR).

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote