Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:30 AM   #1

Default Macro advice plus log in probs help please

Got my macro lens an adapter today so any advice from those who have used it and take good photos would be appreciated.
Secondly why am i having log in problems all the time? i click keep me loged in but it isn't working - any ideas anyone please as it is driving me nuts having to keep sign in constantly.
Thanks.
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:41 AM   #2

Login problems are usually the "browsers" problem if it can't remember. Have you recently installed anything new on your computer?

What browser are you using?

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:41 AM   #3
Administrator

Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser (sometimes users have security settings where cookies are not allowed). That's your most likely issue if you're not staying logged in and you're sure you're checking the box to "remember me". Otherwise, the forums will automatically log you out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Got my macro lens an adapter today so any advice from those who have used it and take good photos would be appreciated.
E.

First, make sure you set your camera to "conversion lens" setting in the menu. The lens works best outside in bright sunlight. There is a fine line between distance to subject, amount of zoom and ability to focus. If you can't focus on your subject, either zoom out or move back a bit. Distance of about 18" from your subject works best.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:31 AM   #5

Thanks Clint, they arrived today and fit nicely, no problems there.
I am using Internet Explorer and never had a problem before.
Thanks Sally, i must try to remember about using the conversion setting, i have read about it but totally forgot. anyway won't be out just yet as it is still snowing.
do i have to keep changing the settings for the conversion lens each time i use it?
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:09 PM   #6

Quote:
do i have to keep changing the settings for the conversion lens each time i use it?
E.
Glad they work OK.

You really don't have to use the "conversion" setting. If you don't use it the lens will vignette at the lowest range (like looking down a tube - which it does). Using the conversion setting just limits the lens so it won't go back that far. I used it for awhile and later decided not to set it. If it looks like your looking through a tube just zoom in a bit more.

As for the log on - try downloading Firefox and see if it will remember your log on. Chrome is another one to try. If they remember, then something changed in Explorer.

Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:20 PM   #7

Just for fun, eysha, check this:

>At the top of this page click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options" from the menu

>Under the "General" tab, under "Browsing History" make sure there is NOT a check
mark in the box next to "Delete browsing history on exit"...

Just taking a shot in the dark...
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Glad they work OK.

You really don't have to use the "conversion" setting. If you don't use it the lens will vignette at the lowest range (like looking down a tube - which it does). Using the conversion setting just limits the lens so it won't go back that far. I used it for awhile and later decided not to set it. If it looks like your looking through a tube just zoom in a bit more.

As for the log on - try downloading Firefox and see if it will remember your log on. Chrome is another one to try. If they remember, then something changed in Explorer.
Clint - that's an interesting point I hadn't thought about. When you set it to "conversion lens", it disables the flash. By not using that setting, I could use the flash.....??
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:14 PM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
I am using Internet Explorer and never had a problem before.
If you're using IE's Private Browsing feature (under the Safety choice), that may be preventing cookies.

Or, it may be your Security Settings causing it. If you look under Tools>Internet Options in IE and go to your Privacy tab, you may be using Security Settings that prohibit cookies.

Or, you it could be because of some type of anti-malware program you have installed preventing cookies.

I don't normally use IE. But, I haven't seen any complaints, as long as you're clicking the "remember me" box.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
Clint - that's an interesting point I hadn't thought about. When you set it to "conversion lens", it disables the flash. By not using that setting, I could use the flash.....??
I used the flash quite often. I didn't want to bother with resetting it after I took off the adapter.