Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:11 AM   #1

Default Eye-fi SD Card...?

Does anybody own and use an Eye-fi SD card? I've read information on it on this forum but can't find reviews of people who have actually used one. Does anyone know if it's compatible with FZ35? The company tells me it is, but I also read on this forum that it is not.

It's kind of expensive, but it would minimize wear on the camera by not inserting and removing the SD card constantly. Just wondered how well it works. Thanks,
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:13 PM   #2

I doubt inserting and removing the SD card will wear an FZ35 lol

Besides, the card is hugely expensive, you are better off investing that money in accessories or keep it for the future, when you want to buy a better camera?

from the looks of it, it SHOULD be compatible, but no guarantee IMO

I know the FZ35 doesn't feel like the FZ50, and it is incredibly light, but it doesn't mean it will wear that easily. Just don't be careless when opening and closing the battery/SD card thing and you should be fine for at least 10~20 yrs XD

you can always use the USB cord if you truly are paranoid, even one of those wireless USB ports if you ned range
n-ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:50 PM   #3

I have used digital cameras for almost 11 years, I have always just
removed the memory card to get the pictures, and never had any
problem on the 15 or so digital cameras I have had over the years.

My camera problems have always been the lens barrel getting
stuck / jammed or proprietary batteries going bad.
will1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:58 PM   #4

to me, the purpose is not to save a connector from wearing out or breaking. it's convenience. just walk near your pc and pictures are transferred. so, you go out, take a bunch, come home and place the camera near the pc. take a washroom break and maybe get a drink. then go sit down and start some review. ahhhhhhhh.

once the price comes down and the limitations are less, i'll get one.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
Does anybody own and use an Eye-fi SD card? I've read information on it on this forum but can't find reviews of people who have actually used one. Does anyone know if it's compatible with FZ35? The company tells me it is, but I also read on this forum that it is not.

It's kind of expensive, but it would minimize wear on the camera by not inserting and removing the SD card constantly. Just wondered how well it works. Thanks,
I rarely remove my card from my camera - I just plug it into the computer via the USB connection and it automatically transfers them.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:24 AM   #6

I do the same thing Clint i have a card reader on my laptop but i use the usb cord only, at least for now cause its easier you dont need to open anything. If you have some extra money to give for the eye fi card its a cool feature to have, i have seen that its compatible with the FZ28 and since its sdhc card it will definitely work, i also saw at their site the geo x2 card which has geotagging too which is cool. You should see for the class though because i dont know how fast they are, it says that they are class 6.

Last edited by geoper2; Dec 11, 2010 at 9:29 AM.
geoper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:49 PM   #7

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but any new opinions on this? We've had a 2gb Eye-Fi card in our Elph for a couple years with great results. I'm considering a Pro card for my T3i and linking it to iPhoto on my Mac, but am wondering if the larger file sizes of the SLR will take too long to transfer. I've never measured the transfer rate on our current card and Eye-Fi's website doesn't seem to list it. Also, their best card is a class 6 - how detrimental do you think that would be compared to my current class 10 card?

Sorry for dragging Canons and SLRs into here, but searching yielded this thread as the one most closely related without starting a new one.
Quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote