Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:57 AM   #1

Default "Cathedral"

Sometimes, when the long, dark nights of winter grow tedious and tiresome, when the gloomy, dreary days become depressing, and the months until spring seem to stretch on interminably, it's nice to look back on the beauty of seasons past as a reminder that the cold and dark will not last forever. The wheel continues to turn, and the rhythms of the world proceed at their own stately pace. We cannot hurry the cycle along, but we can remind ourselves that the season of rebirth and new life will come. It will come in its own time, and it often seems far too slow in arriving, but arrive it will, and with it will come the lush greens and brilliant colors of spring, and the feeling of awakening from yet another long and fitful sleep...

This little glimpse of that lush, glorious spring is one of my favorite "reminders", an image I often pull up and look at to reassure myself that the dull, drab world I see outside my window now will eventually give way to the vibrant color and life of spring. It was taken several years ago with my old Panasonic DMC-FZ20 at 12x zoom (432mm equivalent), 1/320 sec @ f/4.0....

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:30 AM   #2

Welcome back, my friend. Where have you been all along? and, though old, what a beautiful shot and apt topic for that! Greetings of the season to you!
Raghu
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:46 AM   #3

Very nice, indeed.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:38 AM   #4

lovely...!! pl.share few more..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:27 AM   #5

Good to see you here...when I first saw your name on the email notification I thought...did he buy a new Pana camera or is he still shooting with his FZ20? Well, neither! That's a great shot. You have taken some real impressive shots with your FZ20 over the years.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:07 AM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirl033 View Post
Sometimes, when the long, dark nights of winter grow tedious and tiresome, when the gloomy, dreary days become depressing, and the months until spring seem to stretch on interminably, it's nice to look back on the beauty of seasons past as a reminder that the cold and dark will not last forever. The wheel continues to turn, and the rhythms of the world proceed at their own stately pace. We cannot hurry the cycle along, but we can remind ourselves that the season of rebirth and new life will come. It will come in its own time, and it often seems far too slow in arriving, but arrive it will, and with it will come the lush greens and brilliant colors of spring, and the feeling of awakening from yet another long and fitful sleep...

This little glimpse of that lush, glorious spring is one of my favorite "reminders", an image I often pull up and look at to reassure myself that the dull, drab world I see outside my window now will eventually give way to the vibrant color and life of spring. It was taken several years ago with my old Panasonic DMC-FZ20 at 12x zoom (432mm equivalent), 1/320 sec @ f/4.0....

Rocky,

Wonderful picture in all aspects of the word and in all photo aspects. The small bud at the bottom ...

In my language "Sword lily". Yes, it's got some goth-gaudian attributes to it, a yellow catle in the green. Majestic

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Dec 20, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:55 PM   #7

Welcome back Squirl033-

Long time no see. That FZ 20 shot delicate and wonderful. Are you still shooting with the FZ20, or perhaps a new camera.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Welcome back Squirl033-

Long time no see. That FZ 20 shot delicate and wonderful. Are you still shooting with the FZ20, or perhaps a new camera.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah Joyce

hi Sarah,
actually, i do 99.9% of my shooting now with Canon DSLRs.. a 40D for wildlife and a full-frame 5D for landscapes. the old FZ20 has rather languished, i'm afraid, since i switched over to DSLRs several years ago...

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

Last edited by squirl033; Dec 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
Welcome back, my friend. Where have you been all along? and, though old, what a beautiful shot and apt topic for that! Greetings of the season to you!
Raghu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Good to see you here...when I first saw your name on the email notification I thought...did he buy a new Pana camera or is he still shooting with his FZ20? Well, neither! That's a great shot. You have taken some real impressive shots with your FZ20 over the years.
thanks guys!

i've been posting a lot over in the landscape forum here, as well as on other sites... don't shoot with the FZ anymore, to speak of. these days i use mostly my Canon 5D FF body with a Tamron 24-135 lens for landscape and floral shots, and a Canon 40D with a 100-400 lens for birds and the like. you can get an idea of what i've been up to on my website...

Merry Christmas!

~ Three Dog Night